On tonight’s Law & Order: SVU, Detective John Munch (Richard Belzer) will retire in style (I mean, do you see that tux?!). But before the tears start welling up behind the tinted eyewear you’ll all be wearing in his honor tonight, let’s remember the good times, the one-liners, and the twisted jokes Munch has muttered for the past 20 years on Homicide: Life on the Street, Arrested Development, The X-Files, The Wire, 30 Rock, The Simpsons, Sesame Street, and three different iterations of Law & Order (the OG, Trial By Jury, and, of course, as a member of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit).
8. And his conspiracy theories do come in handy.
10. Which allow him the ability to pull off tinted glasses.
Because if they weren’t tinted, he’d look like this in the interrogation room. No thanks, The X-Files costume department.
Watch Munch’s retirement on Law & Order: SVU on Wed., Oct. 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.