14 Perfect Detective Munch Moments That Prove Why We'll Miss Him Immensely
Comedian Richard Belzer has played Detective John Munch for 20 years on a total of 453 episodes across 10 different TV shows. Before he says goodbye on tonight's Law & Order: SVU, let's remember the good times and real talk he's brought into our lives.
On tonight's Law & Order: SVU, Detective John Munch (Richard Belzer) will retire in style (I mean, do you see that tux?!). But before the tears start welling up behind the tinted eyewear you'll all be wearing in his honor tonight, let's remember the good times, the one-liners, and the twisted jokes Munch has muttered for the past 20 years on Homicide: Life on the Street, Arrested Development, The X-Files, The Wire, 30 Rock, The Simpsons, Sesame Street, and three different iterations of Law & Order (the OG, Trial By Jury, and, of course, as a member of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit).
1. He is 100% committed.
2. His bromance with Detective Tutuola.
3. His phone manners.
4. He recognizes his faults.
5. But he knows the value of dreaming big.
6. He can make light of even the darkest situations.
7. He has some serious artistic abilities.
8. And his conspiracy theories do come in handy.
9. His stunning good looks.
10. Which allow him the ability to pull off tinted glasses.
11. He is incredibly wise.
Who else can drop that knowledge while using a lint roller?!