On Monday, director Roland Emmerich announced that actress Maika Monroe had signed on to the upcoming sequel for the 1996 hit Independence Day.
BuzzFeed has confirmed that Monroe will play the grown daughter of Bill Pullman's former U.S. president. That character was first played by another actress, however: Mae Whitman.
And people are NOT happy about it:
And why shouldn't they be? Mae Whitman fucking rocks.
1. First off, she can carry a movie.
3. Robbie Amell's pecs love her.
4. She's proven she can do action in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
6. LOOK at these goddamn tears.
7. She looks flawless in a dress and would have served Olivia Pope-level looks as the President's daughter.
9. And one of the most important reasons — because Anna Kendrick says so.
What the actual fuck? @maebirdwing is talented as hell, and JUST proved she can carry a film. Smh. https://t.co/Njrsb7Gb1Z