35 Splurge-Worthy Home Products You Won't Want To Stop Gushing About
In the words of Donna Meagle, "Treat yo' self".
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bidet attachment, because you'll be bummed if you don't jump on this bandwagon immediately if not sooner. I bought this bidet a year ago and I will never go back to just toilet paper again!
I was a little bit intimidated by the pieces it comes with, but I (a person who has absolutely zero skill in plumbing or house projects) put it together myself with no issues! You can choose the strength of the flow when cleaning and it even allows you to aim the hose to the perfect spot!
Promising review: "It makes little sense to use dry paper to clean your bum. Tushy is an easy-to-install, affordable way to improve your hygiene. No need to get the one with heated water; we have both models and room temp is perfectly comfortable. We love the Tushy and definitely recommend it!" —Constance F.
Get it from Tushy for $99 (originally $129, available in 8 colors).
2. An acrylic Squatty Potty to really bring the whole "luxurious pooping" vibe up another level, literally. This stool will put your body at the ideal angle so you can comfortably pass the other type of stool without strained effort.
Promising review: "I'm pleasantly surprised that I love everything about this! It's extremely durable, easy to clean, well-made, and of high-quality material. I love that the clear lucite allows it to disappear into the background so it's not an eyesore. As for its functionality, it's amazing and far surpassed my expectations. It's one of the best purchases I've ever made for myself and my only regret is not buying it sooner. You don't know what you're missing until you try it. It's super awkward to talk about, but this just positions your body to have the easiest and more complete bowel movements. This has increased my overall feeling of health and well-being, and puts me in a better mood. I've noticed enough of a difference that I actually miss it when I'm away on vacation or at the cottage. People will say its gimmicky and I had my doubts but this has quickly become a need and not a want for me. Worth every penny!" —asianangel100303
Get it from Amazon for $79.99.
3. An air fryer that will basically become your BFF in the kitchen. You can "fry" up some wings, fries, and bacon, all without having to deal with oil splattering from a frying pan.
BuzzFeed writer Hannah Loewentheil finally caved and bought an air fryer while in quarantine, and she's glad she did:
"I'd been contemplating buying an air fryer for quite some time, but it wasn't until I found myself cooking every night with my family due to COVID-19 that I finally decided it was the right time to get one. Friends of mine were raving about their new Instant Vortex Plus six-in-one air fryer, so after reading similar feedback on Amazon, I decided it looked like a winner. And it happens to be made by the same company that makes the crowd-favorite Instant Pot. I figured I would be using this appliance primarily as an air fryer, but as an added bonus, it can also roast, broil, bake, reheat, and dehydrate food.
I've had this air fryer for about three weeks now, and I can honestly say it's become the hero of my kitchen. It preheats quickly, it's large enough to hold a good amount of food at once, it's easy to clean, and it makes food taste crispy on the outside and moist on the inside without any oil. I've been using my air fryer to make vegetables just about every night and it makes them taste so good. If you're cooking for kids, picky eaters, or you just don't get so excited about eating vegetables, the air fryer could be perfect for you. If you like chicken, the air fryer might change your life, and I don't mean that to be dramatic. The air fryer produces restaurant-quality chicken that tastes absurdly decadent, except there's no oil involved in the cooking — just air. We also tried making sesame chicken in the air fryer using boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The sesame chicken tasted almost identical to my favorite Chinese takeout, and it had nothing to do with my cooking skills. Thanks to the air fryer, the chicken gets so crispy. I couldn't believe I made this at home!!"
Get it from Amazon for $89.95 (available in four colors and six sizes).
Check out the full review, plus some air fryer recipe suggestions for more!
4. An industrial-style bookshelf so you can finally display all those books you keep buying and not reading (yet!!) without taking up too much space.
Promising review: "I love this shelf! I needed something tall to fill empty space and store books and plants. Each shelf is very heavy duty, so I can't imagine any bowing would occur in the future, unless it's got too much humidity. Before we put weight on the shelves, it had gaps between itself and the wall, but it balanced itself out after adding books. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this shelf. It's definitely going to last longer than anything you could get at Ikea and it has VERY little wasted/unusable space. Just do it! I put it together myself, but I had to hold it steady/leveled while hubby secured it to the wall. It's not impossible to do alone, but get a second person to at least hold it still for you." —Mrs K3NNYB0Y
Get it from Amazon for $162.99+ (available in four sizes and 21 colors/finishes).
5. A Cuisinart Griddler so you don't have to worry about dirtying up the stove every single night. These grill plates come off for easy cleaning, so get to grilling!
All you have to do is throw your meat on, close the top, and dinner is served. You can make grilled chicken, burgers, grilled veggies, and, yes, even paninis.
Promising review: "Excellent addition to our kitchen. Good build quality. You can use this for a lot of different food but it is great for grilled cheese sandwiches. The griddle works well on pancakes and has plenty of heat to do the job. Easy and quick to clean." —Jazzperk
Get it from Amazon for $79.
6. A Kitchenaid 5-quart stand mixer because you've been wanting one of these for a long time and isn't it time you get one? Treat yo' self!
Here's why it's worth it: The 5-quart stainless-steel bowl has a convenient handle and is big enough to mix dough for nine-dozen cookies or four loaves of bread in a single batch. The mixer has 59 touch points per rotation around the bowl so your stuff gets mixed real good. It tilts to allow clear access to the bowl and attached beater or whatever accessory you're using. Plus, it'll stir wet or dry ingredients, knead bread dough, and even whip up some cream. The mixer includes a coated flat beater, coated dough hook, six-wire whip, and a one-piece pouring shield. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.
Promising review: "This was given to me as a wonderful surprise gift about a month ago. Now I look for any excuse to use it. I bake and decorate cakes and cupcakes a lot and this mixer has made it like 10x easier to make all the elements I need. It also has freed up my hands so I can clean up my kitchen as I let things fully mix." —Walmart customer
Get it from Walmart for $299.99.
7. An indoor garden system so you can wow your guests that *you* grew plants when they compliment the fresh basil on their spaghetti. The best part? The control panel will tell you when it's time to water or feed your plants!
Includes a seed kit with Genovese basil, curly parsley, dill, thyme, Thai basil, and mint, *and* a 3-oz bottle of all-natural plant nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)!
Promising review: "I have a black thumb, which I think is important to add to this review. The Aerogarden takes care of itself and the herbs grow a little bit more each day. It's the most exciting part of my morning routine — while my coffee brews I admire my plants!" —kristy campbell
Get it from Amazon for $94.95+ (available in four styles).
8. Some motorized custom shades that'll make your home look like it came straight out of that Disney movie Smart House. Best part? They are made to order; you can ensure they'll fit all of your unique windows perfectly!
The blackout shades can be controlled via a remote or your Alexa or Google Assistant device.
Promising review: "While a bit spendy, these blinds are great! The customer service is impeccable and they are very responsive and were able to work with my poor measuring skills to get me sorted with a new set that only required a motor swap! After doing it twice because I put the reset button the wrong way I'm back installed and they work great!!!! Thank you!!" —Johnny X.
Get them from Amazon for $193.99+ (available in nine colors; all orders are custom sized).
9. A set of Mickey-and-Minnie kitchen canisters for storing tea, coffee, sugar, and cookies in the most adorable way possible. Your kitchen is about to become the second most magical place on Earth — there can only be one in first place, sorry. I don't make the rules; I just enforce them.
10. A splurge-worthy Always Pan because the hype is real, ya'll. This beauty replaces eight (!!!) kitchen gadgets, weighs only 3 pounds, comes with a steamer basket and spatula nester, and is nonstick. No, really. It's actually nonstick!
Promising review: "This is the best pan I have ever cooked with. The surface allows me to control the amount of olive oil used, the dome lid design is great for faster cooking without turning up the heat, and the pan itself is so beautiful I leave it out on my stovetop as decoration. I am hoping they make a small sauté pan and a 3-qt saucepan some day." —Cheryl M.
You can also check out our full review on this Instagram-famous Always Pan.
Get it from Our Place for $145 (available in eight colors).
11. A very cool hanging swing you'll be fighting your housemates for once it's installed on your patio. I mean, who wouldn't want to chill here while sipping iced coffee in the morning?
12. A rice cooker that is essentially the holy grail of rice cookers. Gone will be the days of you trying to figure out how to make rice on the stove when you'll be making perfect rice *every time*.
This Zojirushi rice cooker can make 3 cups of rice at a time. You can use it to make porridge, white rice, sweet and brown rice, and more.
Promising review: "Honestly, I was going to write a review asking if you wanted perfect rice on your schedule — but I quickly realized that review would not do this product justice. The five batches of rice I have made with this (jasmine, sticky, and basmati) have turned out better than you'd expect in restaurants in the US. Don't let the price dissuade you; this is one product you won't be sorry you purchased. In fact, there are several models above this that are probably even better, but this is good enough for me. I did not receive this product at any sort of discount. Three steps to good rice: Buy a rice cleaner, buy a storage container for your rice, and buy this cooker" —Jeff O.
13. A smart-thermostat to help keep the temperature balanced in your home, making it a place where you'll never want to leave. I mean, you pay so much in rent, why would you go outside? It'll connect directly to your phone, which means you can control it from anywhere!
It's even compatible with Alexa, so you can talk to it instead of pressing buttons.
Promising review: "I have used Ecobee thermostats for 20 years now. New home, new Ecobee installed. I like this product for a number of reasons: 1) it works with most HVAC systems, 2) easy to install, 3) comprehensive documentation, 4) easy to use, 5) multiple sensors and a smart system that keeps temperatures where you want them much better than manual thermostats.
Overall a great product. It even has a new feature where you can manage multiple residences." —Zalmo
Get it from Ecobee for $249.99.
14. A Roomba robot vacuum so you can watch your house get cleaned without even having to get up from the couch. Technology can be so great, huh?
It has a smart-navigation system that will map your house in neat rows using tracking sensors to vacuum hardwood and carpet. It *also* has reactive sensor technology so it will know where it can and cannot reach. This basically means, no more getting annoyingly stuck in places, ruining the rest of your cleaning flow.
Promising review: "I waited over a month to review because I had my doubts. I had been watching YouTube reviews on all the different robot vacuums and finally hit the purchase button on the I3. I found in all the reviews that it was a solid mid price model that has strong build quality and great carpet reviews.
Forty-five days after purchase and I'll sum up my experience with this...I loved it so much that I bought a second one. One for each floor. The amount of dog hair, dust and dirt that it picks up is crazy. My floors and carpet look clean and then the two Roombas go to work and blow my mind at how full the dustbins get. I opted out of buying the self emptying dock because I like seeing how much debris they pick up each time. We've only had the Roomba get stuck once and now it avoids that obstacle. If I had a third floor I'd buy another!" —Stuart Hodge
Get it from Amazon for $329.99.
15. A Dyson V15 Detect that will literally detect every (and I mean every) piece of dust, dirt, or particle in your house using its laser function to spot them all.
Okay, here's the rundown: I splurged and bought myself this Dyson and I am OBSESSED. It's my first cordless vacuum and the ease of being able to just drag it around the house without wrapping any cords, in itself, is a miracle for me. The laser will show *every* single speck of dust. You'll actually be shocked. The coolest part for me is that it has a sensor that will detect debris level and your floor type to change the suction power and run time. It lasts about an hour through a full charge which surprisingly will clean all three levels of my apartment. I also have several attachments, but I really just use the laser one! It's my new favorite adult purchase.
Promising review: "Worth every penny. We’ve used the V6 Absolute for years and have loved it. With two kids and two long-haired cats, it’s served us well. Now it’s time to retire that one and we decided on this as our upgrade. We’ve not been disappointed for a second. The attachments make every area easy to get to. The longer battery run time is a godsend. The larger canister? Absolutely awesome. There’s nothing we dislike about this setup. If you’re debating it. Do it. You won’t be sorry." —Target customer
Get it from Target for $699.99.
Check out our review of the Dyson V15 Detect for more specs and features!
16. A touchless vacuum so you don't have to bend down anymore with a dustpan to pick up the pile of dirt you've created. Just sweep all the dust towards the vacuum and it'll suck it right up for super fast and ~breezy~ cleaning!
This nifty vacuum has an infrared sensor that will automatically detect debris and suck it all right up! Also, it's bagless — just empty it into the trash when it’s finally full!
Promising review: "I have problems with lower-back pain and sweeping with a dustpan causes my back to ache after a while. With this standing vacuum, I can sweep almost daily with no worries. It's a great investment!" —Laura
17. A set of friendship lamps to help keep the connection with that special person in your life when they're not around.
18. A touch screen toaster so you never have to worry about your toast being too burnt or crunchy ever again (unless that's, like, your thing). This bad boy toasts 35% faster than a regular toaster, is ultra sleek, *and*, get this, it even reminds you when it needs to be cleaned.
Promising review: "I have to say, this toaster was well worth the investment. This one beat my old toaster by mile in terms of how fast it toasts, and it adjusts easily and well to waffles and bagels. The toaster has a fantastic digital display, too. I love the 10 second countdown feature so I can get my butter in place and slather it on while the toast is hot. The design is sleek and elegant, and my favorite surprise is the analog clock display. This makes my old toaster obsolete and now collecting dust in the bottom cupboard." —Rob
Get it from Amazon for $299.95.
19. A luxurious velvet sofa that will basically be the only statement piece you'll need in your living room.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this sofa. I waited three and a half months to review it so you'd see some durability. I still love it! It's like a comfy firm to me. Everyone compliments it when they visit and they are always surprised that it's comfortable." —Aleiya
Get it from Allmodern for $1,320 (originally $1,904, available in five colors).
20. A cold-brew maker for when you spend waaay too much $$$ going through drive-thru to get an iced coffee. Especially when this bad boy can make 19 cups of sweet sweet angry bean nectar. Just add 6 oz of your milk of choice to 2 oz of the concentrate and voilà!
Promising review: "This brews the best coffee we've ever made at home. We've been through many iterations of Keurig, drip coffee makers, and even the Starbucks pod machines. Cold brewing is hands down the best and this Kitchenaid machine is fantastic. We bought some glass bottles from Amazon and store each batch in them to take on the go during the week. One batch of coffee usually yields seven 12-ounce bottles (The brew is highly concentrated.) We usually use a medium-brew Starbucks Colombian ground that costs around $8.80 a bag. I estimate each bottle of coffee we make costs around 65 to 70 cents! This thing pays for itself easily if you go to Starbucks regularly or even buy their premade cold brews." —SPersaud
Get it from Amazon for $139.99.
21. A sleek wooden Bluetooth record player that'll not only add a retro vibe to your space, but now you can finally listen to that Taylor Swift vinyl you got for your birthday last year.
This beautiful record player has three speeds (33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM) and built-in, custom-tuned speakers for amazing sound quality.
Promising review: "I love a product that is both stylish and functional. This record player is exactly that. I have it prominently displayed in my living room and love playing records while I'm cooking, cleaning, reading, or whatever, really. The sound quality is great, too." —chel
Get it from Target for $99.99.
22. An acrylic plant hanger so you can not only expand your ever-growing plant collection, but display them in a way that doesn't take up space.
The acrylic unit comes preassembled and secures with a single fastener.
Indoor Window Gardens is a small, family-owned business based in South Carolina.
Promising review: "Not only do these shelves look amazing and give me so much more room for my plants but the customer service is amazing! I forgot to order extensions with my order so I contacted the shop and they helped me by making a special listing for the extensions. They placed them in my original order so everything came together. If you’re looking for a window shelf, this is it!!" —Jamie Miner
23. A cast-iron Le Creuset Dutch oven so you can finally pick up that bread-making hobby you sort of started at the beginning of 2020, but make it ~fancy~.
This fancy Dutch oven has 45% larger handles than other ovens, which provide a sure grip even with oven mitts, withstands temperatures of up to 500ºF, *and* the enamel surface is impermeable, making it ideal for raw or cooked food storage, and for marinating with acidic ingredients such as wine.
Promising review: "Love love love this Dutch oven. What can you say about Le Creuset? It is the best of the best. Expensive? Yes. Worth the money? YES! I have made chili, chicken and dumplings, and bread pudding. It cleans like a charm. It’s the type of heirloom that you hope to pass down to your children/grandchildren. If you love to cook, save your money and buy this." —Merry Girl
Get it from Amazon for $349.95+ (available in six colors).
24. A high-pressure rain showerhead to make your bathroom feel super luxurious, like a lovely day at the spa. Just...ignore the pile of empty bottles in the corner. We call that the "shampoo graveyard."
It has a maximum flow rate of 2.5 GPM!
Promising review: "I love a good showerhead with great pressure and a wide flow pattern. This showerhead delivers just that. I moved into a new house and immediately replaced the standard showerhead with this one. I'm very happy with this purchase. I installed it on the original pipe and did not use an extension pipe arm. It's got all the water pressure you'll need." —DeeOz
Get it from Amazon for $64.95+ (available in three finishes).
25. A sleek stainless-steel carbonator if you truly love La Croix, but want to save the planet a bit by making your own at home.
26. The Mirror — a home gym you can mount to your wall that comes with live and prerecorded classes, personal training, and 50+ different genres! It's giving me some major futuristic vibes and I'm living for it. Plus, you *can* also use it as a regular mirror!
Promising review: "The Mirror is incredible! You can take any class, at any time, for as long or short as you like. If you are on the fence about buying one, don't be. You will love this piece of workout equipment. The mirror sits in any room unnoticed when turned off, and does not take up any space. A great investment!!!" —sara
Get it from Mirror for $1,495.
27. An egg rack so you can live your best ~cottagecore~ dreams while displaying all the beautiful eggs your little hens laid.
28. A light-up alarm clock that'll simulate the sun rising so you can wake up in the morning gently and totally relaxed. It's also great if you sleep in a dark room and struggle to get out of bed.
This alarm clock simulates sunrise and sunset, has a choice of five different natural wake-up sounds, has FM radio, and it also has an automatic dimmable display!
Promising review: "I am so in love with it, I take it with me when I travel. I won't use anything else to wake up. It works beautifully, and has very clear and relaxing sounds that gradually increase as the light increases to wake you up gently. I don't have any more stressful mornings with this alarm clock. I wake up feeling happy, no longer frantic. I have had mine for seven months and it works so well. Very high quality, I recommend this to everyone. I thought I would have trouble waking up to the light and sounds, but I have absolutely no problem hearing it or perceiving the light." —sunny74
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.
29. An electric milk frother so you can make those fancy coffees you keep ordering through drive-thru (spending way too much $$$) right at home. Oh, and this can be used for hot chocolate, too!
It comes with both heating and frothing whisks.
Promising review: "I'd always used espresso machines to steam milk in the past — I had no idea these things existed! My SO drinks a chai every morning, and buying it from the coffee shop was adding up. For this small investment, I have made delicious homemade chai, café au lait, and hot cocoas every single day! The machine has worked reliably for months, and is very easy to clean. Quick rinse and a wash with soap in the evening. The milk on 'froth' mode is delightfully fluffy and very tasty." —Leopard Print
Get it from Amazon for $49.96.
30. A smart–pet camera for the peace of mind of being able to see what your pup is up to throughout the day when you're at work. Bonus: The camera can dispense treats!
You can livestream HD video with a wide-angle view and a night-vision option. It has two-way audio so you can listen and talk to your pet if they look like they're doing something bad or just need a quick hello. Bonus: It's also a great way to scare off any intruders or even your roommates!
Promising review: "This thing is hysterical. My dog has now become accustomed to the sound it makes and will come running from upstairs the second she hears it. She sits in front and waits for the cookies to shoot out. We call ours the cookie cannon! Definitely a fun toy to play with your dogs when your not at home." –Robert DeNuto
Get it from Amazon for $129.99.
31. A Hoover automatic carpet cleaner to make vacuuming *that* much more productive by also washing your carpets at the same time! All you need to do is push forward to wash and pull back to dry! Begone, stains!
It comes with a two-in-one pet tool, sample bottle of cleaning solution, an 8-foot hose, and an accessory storage bag.
Promising review: "This is the best carpet scrubber I’ve ever used, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. We have two dogs and a cat, who all track in a lot of dirt, but it was no problem for this machine. The carpets look and feel new, and our carpet is old. The cleaner that came with the machine had a very subtle pleasant odor and it got the dirt out." —Lucy
Get it from Amazon for $198.
32. A Filtrete air purifier that will help significantly reduce allergens in your home like pet hair, dander, and dust. This true HEPA filter sucks up bacteria- and odor-filled particles to improve the air quality, so your home can finally feel clean everyday. My fiancé is allergic to cats and this purifier has helped with his allergies so much!
It cleans a room up to 250 square feet and has a timer and built-in replacement indicator to tell you when to replace its (included) filters.
Promising review: "I’m obsessed with this! Definitely worth the money! I have three large shedding dogs and this has decreased the amount of dander, smell, and hair in my home! I just cleaned my house and I could notice a huge difference in dust!" —Kayla Hastie
Get it from Amazon for $154.37.
33. An adjustable shelving unit that has shelves you can move and place on any part of the unit, making it easier to place in any part of your home and fit even the tallest decor piece.
34. An espresso machine if you're *really* a big fan of buying coffee on your daily commute. Yes, this bad boy comes with quite the price tag, but it'll pay for itself over time. You'll finally be making drinks you enjoy right from the comfort of home.
Let's just say you were buying speciality coffee drinks every. single. day. from a coffee shop for $2/cup (not me spending an easy $6–$7 on a coffee). In a matter of a year, you would be paying more for those coffee drinks (plus the price of gas to/from) than you would for this machine. So this is an investment that will definitely pay off in the long run.
BuzzFeed editor Brittany Gibson had a few things to say about how amazing it is: "IMHO, the Breville Barista Express is phenomenal. I was a barista for a few years and I was used to working with a top-notch machine, and this is pretty darn close to being just as good. As someone who drinks lattes daily, I've saved SO much money by investing in this. I use these espresso beans from a small upstate New York business called Spot Coffee and get delectably rich and smooth shots of espresso every time."
Get it from Amazon for $699.95 (available in two colors).
35. A Samsung Frame TV to hide the unsightly television when it's not in use by disguising it to look like a literal piece of art.
BuzzFeed writer Mallory Mower has one and says: "This is honest and truly the best splurge I have ever made. It has massively upgraded the look in my living room. My husband loves the photography options and I love all the classical paintings – as someone who loves changing up my decor, being able to update the display images has been so fun. The quality is fantastic while watching movies and TV...but I'm pretty sure I love it as a piece of art in my home even more."
Get it from Amazon for $547.99+ (available in six sizes, six styles, and with or without expert installation).