Chances are you've heard of Sam Smith, the angelic 22-year-old British singer whose soulful love songs are breaking fans' hearts into tiny little pieces.
But what do you KNOW about him? There's a lot more than the lost love stories and Adele-comparisons.
1. Before he was famous he scrubbed bar toilets for a living.
2. Lily Allen is his third cousin.
3. And Daisy Lowe is his BFF.
4. He struggles with OCD, saying in an interview with 4Music that he has to "check taps before [he] leaves the house... in case it floods."
5. When he was 15 he starred in the musical Oh! Carol at UK's Youth Music Theatre.
6. His first foray into songwriting was because of a very special hat.
7. The worst gig he ever played was a barn dance.
8. He is a Beyoncé fanatic.
9. And a "total feminist."
10. He suffered from stage fright when he was just starting to perform.
11. His debut album, In The Lonely Hour, is inspired by an unrequited love.
12. His favorite TV show is Modern Family.
13. He's got some special tattoos.
14. Before his solo debut, you might have heard him featured on hits like Disclosure's "Latch" and Naughty Boy's "La La La."
15. The first song he learned the words to was Aretha Franklin's "Say a Little Prayer."
16. He's blues-approved by Mary J. Blige.
17. And, NO BIG DEAL, he wants to be the next great male diva.
"I’ve always loved big female voices like Chaka Khan, Whitney Houston, Etta James, and Beyoncé. There’s some amazing guy singers out there at the moment, but I want to have the presence vocally that some of the divas did," he said to T magazine. "We need a male diva, and not in personality."