1. Brie Larson was undoubtedly an icon of '00s fashion.
2. Here she is rocking a calf-length pink fur coat.
3. And reminding us that we never should've let the asymmetrical hem become unfashionable.
4. Imagine being this good at colour-coordinating.
5. And look at how perfectly those hairbands compliment her T-shirt.
6. Actual queen of matching her entire outfit.
The pink shoes and earrings complete this monochrome look.
7. She could even flawlessly pull off double denim.
8. And what ever happened to the denim jumpsuit trend?
9. Here's another solid use of patches and buttons.
10. And this one is actually adorable.
11. We definitely tried to replicate this look at home with a Sharpie and worn trousers.
12. Okay, who didn't own several pairs of elastic cuff cargo pants in 2005?
13. And a good old-fashioned preppy head band?
14. One word: flares.
15. We haven't talked about this fringe yet but we probably should.
16. The dress-over-leggings look was a wild and wonderful time to be alive.
17. And every single one of us owned an array of multicoloured beads.
It's about time we bring the fur collar back into casual dress.
18. Knee-high boots over jeans is a classic look.
19. Here she is rocking some softcore goth vibes.
20. And being an actual adorable cheerleader on the red carpet.
To be fair, what is the appropriate attire for the Cat in the Hat premiere?
21. This needs no words.
22. Not a lot of people know this, but Brie actually invented the useless belt trend.
23. Here she is with a signature belt.
And the fringe every teen girl (and most boys) had at one point or other.
24. An excellent belt choice to compliment this orange dress.
25. And here she's gone for a thin red belt, which offers no support but exists solely as a fashion statement.
We all went through a phase of thinking waistcoats over regular tops were really fucking cool.