26 Things That'll Help Make Your Home More Eco-Friendly
Give your home a sustainable revamp with compost bins, recycled fabric rugs, and more goodies.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of reusable food huggers that'll help keep your fave fruits and veggies fresh. No more produce wilting way too fast in the fridge.
2. An eco-friendly carpet cleaner, because you can deodorize *and* remove pesky stains from rugs without a nasty chemical smell. This formula, which is free from sulfates, phosphates, and animal by-products, will leave your upholstered surfaces squeaky clean.
3. A pack of dryer balls for times when your dryer doesn't actually get the job done and you're left with really damp clothes. (Ugh). These tiny savers can help you cut down on drying time and be a great alternative for disposable dryer sheets.
4. An easy-to-clean compost bin, so you can properly dispose produce scraps *without* leaving a big mess in your trash can. Its lid also seals in odors, so you won't be smelling banana peels or carrot slices before you empty it out.
5. A PVC-free shower curtain liner that's mildew-resistant and comes with rust-proof grommets, so you can use it for a long time and not have to replace it constantly. Gross yellow stains, be gone!
6. A square rug so colorful and beautiful, you won't miss seeing your hardwood floor while you curl up on the couch. It's made with recycled fabrics and reversible if you want to change up your living room look.
7. An organic cotton sheet set for times when you want to wrap yourself in a soft cocoon before falling asleep. It's breathable, comfortable, and made with ethically-sourced cotton, according to Saatva.
8. A sustainable shampoo bar, so you can stop tossing plastic bottles and nourish your hair with good-for-you ingredients, like kiwifruit oil, coconut oil, and neem oil whenever you take a shower.
9. A set of 100% natural cellulose Swedish dishcloths to save yourself from using a million paper towels. These gems work great on counter tops, veggies, and dishes and you can reuse them again and again.
10. Bamboo cooking utensils for your kitchen, because plastic spatulas and spoons need to be replaced frequently. Spare your countertop essentials from a landfill and switch to these flower-printed beauties.
11. A countertop garden that'll let you grow fresh herbs at home. It has LED lights and a system that alerts you about plant care, so you can get a bunch of *green* ingredients for your next meal without going to the store.
12. Reusable food storage bags that are leak-proof and hand-washable, so you don't have use plastic baggies for dinner leftovers. They also won't take up a ton of space in your fridge!
13. A plant-derived all-purpose cleaner, so you can tackle messes around home without using harsh chemicals. This formula has soap bark, coconut, and corn, which will get to work on stubborn grease, sauces, and spills.
14. A pack of biodegradable bamboo toothbrushes, because you can keep your pearly whites in good shape and reduce your environmental footprint. Yes to your bathroom getting a sustainable update!
15. An affordable bidet attachment that'll effectively clean your bum without using a mountain of toilet paper. One other benefit of this device? You won't have to worry so much about clogging your toilet. 🙌
16. A SodaStream to make all your fave carbonated beverages (think soda, spritzers, and more!) without using plastic bottles or cans. That recycling bin in your kitchen will be on a sweet break.
17. Bamboo paper towels that are 100% biodegradable and machine-washable. Spills and messes are no match for these cleaning essentials, which are (gasp!) reusable up to 120+ times.
18. Reusable makeup remover pads so gentle, effective, and easy to clean, you'll forget about those disposable wipes on your bathroom vanity. These babies will take off stubborn concealer, eyeshadow, and foundation *and* you can pop 'em in the washing machine after you're done using them.
19. Compostable coffee pods to use for your a.m. or p.m. caffeine fix: They include an outer bag and one-way coffee valve that are made from plant-based materials and will give you a flavorful cup of coffee.
20. Reusable stainless-steel straws that'll be a colorful upgrade from single-use plastic straws. Drink soda, water, and cocktails with these tiny helpers, which come in a gorgeous iridescent shade. Did we mention these would be great for backyard BBQs and picnics too?
21. A portable Bluetooth speaker with recycled PP composite construction and a strong sound that'll echo throughout your bedroom, living room, and dining room.
22. Biodegradable laundry detergent pods, so you can brighten and deep-clean your clothes sans dyes, chlorine, and phosphates. If your washing machine needs some help fighting those tough stains, these tiny, eco-friendly pods will get the job done.
23. Reusable beeswax food wrap for half-eaten veggies, fruits, and sandwiches. Each one is made with organic cotton, organic jojoba oil, ethically harvest beeswax, and tree resin and helps keep food fresh, whether it's in the fridge or pantry cabinet. Buh-bye plastic wrap, it's been real.
24. A nontoxic glass cleaner set, so you can wipe away grime and dirt without using a chemical-heavy formula. Ditch single-use plastic bottles and opt for this one instead, which will leave your mirrors clean *and* streak-free.
25. A smart thermostat that'll help you conserve energy and regulate cooling and heating indoors. You can use your smartphone to regulate your home's temperature, even if you're running errands!
26. A Fohm Co. Starter Pack, so you can turn your toilet paper into a flushable wipe that won't take a toll on your bathroom pipes or the environment.
You, after giving your apartment, studio, or home an eco-friendly glow-up:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.