[Eds. note: This is how you do eggnog right.]
1 large grade AA egg, separated
2 tsp superfine sugar
1 oz heavy cream
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 oz Mount Gay rum
dashes of grated cinnamon and nutmeg for garnish
1. Separate the egg into two bowls.
2. Beat the yolk until stiff.
3. Beat the white with 1 tsp. sugar until peaks form.
4. Slowly fold the white and yolk together.
5. Separately, beat the cream with the almond, vanilla, and 1 tsp. sugar in a bowl until stiff.
6. fold in the cream with the egg mixture.
7. Add Mt. Gay and stir gently.
8. Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately over ice in a punch glass or martini glass.
9. Garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
Or, if you're less ambitious, just use store-bought eggnog, mix with rum (preferably Mt. Gay, not just because of the name, but because it's delicious), garnish with nutmeg and cinnamon.