52 Ways Los Angeles Ruins You For Life
The outdoor movies, non-stop sunshine, In-N-Out for days... why live anywhere else?
2. We also have Dodger Dogs that are sent from Blue Heaven.
3. And by "Blue Heaven," I mean Dodger Stadium, which is one of the happiest places on earth.
4. Not to be confused with THE happiest place on earth: DISNEYLAND, which is just a car ride away.
5. And if you're feeling adventurous, you can hop next door to Disney California Adventure park.
6. But if you'd rather not ride a roller coaster to get great views, you can hike at Runyon or Griffith Park too.
7. And this is the view you'll get when you're there.
8. But if you'd rather leave the city for views, take the ferry to Catalina and be on a small island in an hour.
9. Which is where you can do more hiking into Catalina's interior and search for bison.
10. Because you will never be quite as wowed as you are by LACMA's outdoor installations.
11. ... Until you see what they have inside, that is.
12. But you really don't need to go far to see beautiful art, because it's on almost every corner of the city.
13. (Did I mention we have a lot of Lakers pride? Because obviously. And this is also totally art.)
16. Like, what are clouds and why do other places have them*?
17. But if you'd rather hear music indoors, this is where you'll go, the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown.
18. But Los Angeles is also a place where you can watch movies outside... and in a cemetery, thanks to the Cinespia screenings.
Also? You get to bring your own food and drinks. Way cheaper than a movie theater.
19. Again, though, there are indoor options: and they aren't at all like the normal theaters you're used to.
20. And then there are the gourmet theaters, like iPic, where you get to sit in reclining leather chairs and have a personal server to bring you whatever food or drinks you want.
21. If you want a nightcap after your movie, we have bars that are just like speakeasies, but aren't members only, like La Descarga.
22. Or for something more intimate, try The Roger Room, where you can get specialty cocktails and cozy up in a leather booth with all the other beautiful people.
24. You want more? Los Angeles is a place where you can watch the badass ladies of the Derby Dolls battle it out...
25. Or head to Venice Beach to see skateboarders in action.
26. But there's not just Venice Beach, because Manhattan Beach offers amazing surfing and a super cute boardwalk to shop at.
27. There's Zuma Beach if you're looking for somewhere less crowded with great waves.
28. And while Santa Monica Beach can get crowded, the view of the Pacific Coast Highway is breathtaking, and it's a quick walk to the shops at the Third Street Promenade.
29. Speaking of the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway), this is what you look at as you drive on it.
30. Because every Thursday night during the summer, the Yamashiro Farmer's Market opens and you can shop for tasty treats on a hill with a view of the entire city.
Plus, there are food trucks and retail sellers as well.
32. Or tacos that will legit give you life from any number of food trucks.
33. There's yogurt for days, and so many different kinds!
It's hard to choose a favorite, but mine is Yogurt Stop. (Pump it yourself.)
35. Or waiting in line (READ: Worth the wait!) for Diddy Riese so you can pick out whatever cookies and ice cream flavor you want.
41. And book nerds can soak in the glory that is Skylight Books... there's a TREE in the middle of the book store!
They do regular reading series and have rows and rows of pretty titles.
42. Or go Downtown to visit The Last Bookstore, which features used books for $1.
43. Because there are endless shopping opportunities, like the unique finds you'll get in Little Tokyo...
44. ... and in Necromance, where they sell everything from Medieval Weaponry to pieces of taxidermy.
45. But if you want malls, we've got them, and they're outdoors and completely magical during the holiday season.
They have FAKE SNOW at The Grove, so you get the snow without freezing!