1. Oooh, you receive a steamy love note from you crush and hear this sound:
It must be the early '00s because this is the sound a message on AIM makes.
2. You're running out the door to meet up with friends when you hear this sound:
Uh oh, someone's sliding into your DMs on Twitter.
3. You know some hot goss is coming your way when you hear this sound:
You must be on a desktop computer in your parents' dining room because that's AOL's chat sound.
4. Your best friend wants to know if you've got plans tonight so he sends you a message that makes this sound:
Yep, that's Facebook's messenger, ruining lives with its forced read-receipts since the mid-aughts.
5. Your friend needs directions to your party so you get a message that makes this sound:
"What's the WhatsApp app, Alex."
6. Your sister wants to hear how your date went so you get a message that sounds like this:
That's MSN, the "alt" choice for '00s kids.