7. Pack an emergency preparedness kit for your pet.
Include a towel, food, water, an extra food dish, a leash, a toy, and any medicine.
13. Make sandwich bread in a tin can.
14. Make a freezer-fail detector.
It can be hard to know if your power went out while you were on vacation. If it did, your food might not be safe. Fill a jar halfway with water then freeze on its side. Put the jar upright before you leave and take note if the water has melted and refrozen to find out.
17. Build a tiny stove out of tin cans.
18. Keep 100 gallons of clean water in your tub with a WaterBob.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a women decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄