Entertainment Weekly reports that the highly-anticipated third season of the BBC’s Sherlock will return to PBS on January 19th at 10:00pm. This is the first time that the show’s American air date has been announced before the U.K. premiere date, but as the BBC has “first window” rights to air the show, it’s almost certainly 100% positive that it will air overseas first (spoilers be damned).
“We are hugely excited about this next series of Sherlock, and have worked closely with our partners, Masterpiece and PBS, to bring these episodes to U.S. audiences in January,” said
Sherlock executive producer Sue Vertue in a statement. “We promise our fans that Season 3 is worth waiting for.”
“It better be,” said the show’s fans, who have been waiting TWO YEARS for a resolution to Season 2’s finale, in which Sherlock Holmes (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) faked his own death.
3. Update - 12:25 p.m.: PBS has announced the air dates for ALL THREE EPISODES of the new season:
“The Empty Hearse” – Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 10 p.m.
“The Sign of Three” – Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 10 p.m.
“His Last Vow” – Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 10 p.m.
4. Accurate depiction of the Sherlock fandom:
- Tens of thousands of people are gathered for the Women's March On Washington, and marches are being held worldwide in solidarity.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸