1. World-famous opera singer Renée Fleming became the first opera singer in Super Bowl history to sing the National Anthem before the game’s kickoff. (Spoiler Alert: She absolutely killed it.)
2. Fleming was accompanied by the New Jersey Symphony and 32 military singers from all the service branches.
3. The 53 year-old opera singer has performed for Queen Elizabeth as well as U.S. presidents and received the National Medal of Arts, the highest honor the government gives to artists, in 2012.
5. Opera singers and opera houses across the country cheered for the groundbreaking performance.
8. Stay flawless, Queen Renée.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪