1. First, there’s an amazing video from the near-future.
Founded in 1967, this Trask Industries seemingly innocuous ad is set in the year 2017.
5. But all is not what it seems!
Trask Industries is the power behind the terrifying Sentinels.
6. You know, these guys.
Quick and dirty - These guys stand 18’ tall and weigh in at almost 5,000 lbs. Equipped with Mutant Detections Devices (MDD) to identify the X-Gene in humans merely through brain waves. Once identities, Sentinels capture victims to be fitted with an X-Gene Inhibitor Collar, whether they like it or not.
In 1973, Trask Industries introduced the first Sentinel production model, the Mark I. Bolivar Trask’s groundbreaking research in AI, robotics and autonomous ballistic systems laid the foundation for the world’s most capable anti-mutant defense system. Since the program’s inception, we’ve continued to advance our founder’s cause through eight additional generational upgrades and enhancements.
As we celebrate five decades of achievement, we also bid farewell to regular production of the Mark I and shift our efforts to full-time manufacturing of the Mark X — our first complete overhaul of the Sentinel line. These highly anticipated units will combine next-generation nanotechnology and bioweapon breakthroughs, promising an even brighter future for the human race.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.