1. During the opening ceremony’s parade of nations, many athletes wore gloves with multicolored fingers, including the entire Greek Olympic team.
2. Some people watching the ceremony incorrectly assumed that the athletes were wearing rainbow gloves as a sign of LGBT pride in opposition to Russia’s discriminatory laws.
3. Actually, the multicolored accessories are the official gloves of the Sochi Winter Olympics.
5. The gloves are part of the official merchandise and are available for sale all over Sochi.
6. Basically, if there’s no purple and one of the colors is black, it’s not meant to represent a rainbow.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨