1. During the opening ceremony’s parade of nations, many athletes wore gloves with multicolored fingers, including the entire Greek Olympic team.
2. Some people watching the ceremony incorrectly assumed that the athletes were wearing rainbow gloves as a sign of LGBT pride in opposition to Russia’s discriminatory laws.
3. Actually, the multicolored accessories are the official gloves of the Sochi Winter Olympics.
5. The gloves are part of the official merchandise and are available for sale all over Sochi.
6. Basically, if there’s no purple and one of the colors is black, it’s not meant to represent a rainbow.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.