1. During the opening ceremony’s parade of nations, many athletes wore gloves with multicolored fingers, including the entire Greek Olympic team.
2. Some people watching the ceremony incorrectly assumed that the athletes were wearing rainbow gloves as a sign of LGBT pride in opposition to Russia’s discriminatory laws.
3. Actually, the multicolored accessories are the official gloves of the Sochi Winter Olympics.
5. The gloves are part of the official merchandise and are available for sale all over Sochi.
6. Basically, if there’s no purple and one of the colors is black, it’s not meant to represent a rainbow.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏