1. SKIN1004 Zombie Pack Face Masks make you (briefly) look like a zombie while it goes to work tightening your pores and minimizing the appearance of wrinkles. Now's as good of a time as ever to FaceTime your mom and scare her.
Promising review: "Smells great! This face mask does exactly what it says. My skin is nice and lifted, hydrated, noticeable reduction in fine lines, improved texture, reduced my pore size, and eliminated some newly developed rough patches forming around the hairline. Couldn't be more satisfied with this product! I have pretty good skin for 37, but this mask has really helped take my skin to the next level." —Samantha
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $18.
2. An exfoliating scrub mitt helps you part with excess dead skin and particles while you use it a couple of times a month (it's that good so you don't have to use it often!). Reviewers find it super helpful for removing self-tanner, addressing ingrown hairs, and increasing circulation.
Promising review: "I have very thin and light body hair, so any form of removal (shaving, waxing, etc) usually leaves me with a lot of ingrown hairs. I've tried body scrubs and washcloths and neither really do a great job. I saw this product recommended by a dermatologist on TikTok and thought I'd try it — it's amazing! I also have very sensitive skin, and this mitt doesn't leave my skin irritated at all. However, absolutely do not use this mitt on your face, neck, or other sensitive areas, it would be way too harsh.
I like to use this mitt first when I get in the shower, then use a body wash (a gentle chemical exfoliant) and follow up with body lotion for dry and sensitive skin. This whole routine is fragrance free and leaves my skin feeling very soft and moisturized." —Kat
Get it from Amazon for $8.49 (also available in a set of two).
3. LilyAna Naturals Eye Cream – it's made to soften and freshen up your under-eyes...and according to reviews, can help lighten dark facial scars.
Promising review: "I have been using this daily for about eight months now. I am 60 years old. It reduced the puffiness and bags under my eyes. I am Sicilian and had dark circles. It has brightened up my eye area. I am very surprised as I have paid much more for eye creams that have done so much less. I recently had precancerous cells removed at the bridge of my nose. After healing, I was left with a dark scar. The dermatologist told me that it would heal over time. Since I began to apply this eye cream, the mark has almost disappeared entirely. I shop constantly from Amazon. This is the first time that I have taken the time to write a review. That's how impressed I am with this product. If you decide to purchase this, you won't be sorry." —Lynda M.
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
4. Corsx Acne Pimple Master Patches attack and help flatten out painful blemishes by sucking out the gunk without irritating your skin around the blemish like drying treatments.
Promising review: "Omg, where has this been my whole life? Why did nobody talk about hydrocolloid patches when I was a teen? These truly do shrink your pimples (as long as it is an open or popped one). I just put one on before bed and by morning, voilà! All that's left is a small bump, if anything at all. I seriously couldn't believe my eyes. (All those years of suffering from acne! I'm in my thirties now with hormonal acne, btw.) These are magic!" —Julie W.
5. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum brightens, softens, and fades hyperpigmentation like luxury serums (according to reviewers). Plus, it's cruelty-free!
6. A CeraVe salicylic acid body wash exfoliates any rough, bumpy skin (minus the microbeads) to leave you feeling smoother and moisturized thanks to moisturizing hyaluronic acid and calming niacinamide.
Promising review: "I saw improvement within the first couple uses. It reduced the small red bumps on my legs and elbows. Works as advertised!" —candace
"I never do reviews...but this product WORKS! I have KP on my legs and it got rid of it 10000%. It must be used consistently and you have to also exfoliate with an actual natural loofa or something similar, but YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. Great product for a great price! Would give 100 stars if I could!" —layla mahmoud
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
7. Plus, First Aid Beauty's KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub gets rid of "chicken skin" (ahem, tiny bumps that are called keratosis pilaris) thanks to smart ingredients like glycolic, lactic acids, and pumice buffing beads. Talk about an effective shower.
Promising review: "Amazing product! I've suffered with KP on my arms for 15 years and nothing helped. This product didn't just help, it completely cleared it away! I noticed a big difference after just one use and a month later of using it two times a week my arms are smooth and I'm no longer embarrassed of them. I'm so excited! This product has changed my life!" —Sherrie Ruiz
Get it from Amazon for $28 (only available in the larger size).
8. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo stops the flaky mess, once and for all.
It's got over 53,000 5-star reviews, and works for more than just dandruff. I get recurring bouts of fungal acne on my forehead, and I recently starting using this at the recommendation of the interwebs (its key ingredient is an antifungal). Every other day, I slather it on the affected area like a wash-off mask, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse off. My forehead looks better the next day!
Promising review: "This stuff is absolutely amazing. I was one step away from going to the dermatologist. I had severe dandruff that was so bad I could shake my head and it would come off. With just a few uses per week, I got rid of all of my flakes. My scalp also stopped burning from dryness. My hair has never been healthier." —Moo Moo
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.
9. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Salicylic Acid Exfoliant has TONS of impressive before-and-after pics in the reviews that'll maybe give you a little hope for issues like rosacea, cystic acne, wrinkles, large pores, and about anything else.
Promising review: "I have every skin issue you can think of. Rosacea, acne (hormonal, cystic, whiteheads, blackheads), dehydration, excessive oiliness, redness, all of it. I’ve spent probably thousands on a multitude of different products, trying to find one that would at least make a dent. I’ve had many procedures, many trips to the dermatologist. Nothing I’ve ever used, nothing I’ve ever done, has made such a profound difference in the appearance of my skin. Having rosacea, my face often felt hot, bumpy, and burned. While my complexion is naturally fair and pink, this has seriously covered all my bases in a gentle and effective way. I’ve been trying to turn my skin around for YEARS!! This was the product that did it. If I could give it 100 stars I would. It has seriously changed my life!!! Also sorry for the nasty pictures haha." —hc
Get it from Amazon for $13.
10. SheaMoisture African Black Soap is a fan fave for helping reduce oil, acne, and redness.
Promising review: "This soap is amazing. It helps calm down so much of the redness in my face each morning! My friend bought this for me as a gift and I’ve reordered it twice since then! Her and I both suffer from horrible acne and this helps soothe your face. My acne has reduced some since using this. I love how soft it is and it smells wonderful." —Kristen
Get a four-pack of bars from Amazon for $14.72.
11. Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré combats all sorts of dry-skin woes, whether it's because your skin is just that way or you're trying to undo overuse of retinol or other harsh skincare ingredients. You can even use it as a makeup primer or mask.
Promising review: "I have always loved this moisturizer when I would get it from France on trips. It has a following for a reason. It moisturizes amazingly well and it doesn't cause your face to feel greasy. The smell is slight floral smell, but not overpowering at all. My skin is sensitive and it doesn't have any irritation with this. I also use this a primer for my makeup and it sets it quite well. This is a legendary product and a staple in French skincare." —Violetpinkie
Get it from Amazon for $16 (available in two sizes and three packaging styles).
12. Pura D'Or Organic Vitamin E Oil makes it easy to help nourish skin, fade scars, and help you sort through all sorts of skin issues. I love to use it basically everywhere.
Promising review: "I was worried this would be a low quality product because of the size of the bottle and cheap price, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I add some into my body lotion to help with scars, and it works just as well as the expensive stuff. I even add a drop or two into my face lotion and it makes my skin feel soft and radiant without looking oily and shiny. It doesn’t have a strong smell or one that I’ve really noticed at all since I mix it with lotions. If you’re skeptical like I was, give it a try, you won’t be disappointed." —Scaleine
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
13. Nivea Crème amps up the moisture on the driest parts of your face and body. It even works as a stellar makeup remover!
14. BYO Blush Oil, which is criminally easy to ease. You just tap on a few dots and then blend with your fingers or a brush. It's green in the bottle and then turns *your* perfect shade of pink on your skin thanks to a pH reaction. Oh, and it's on a skincare list because it's packed full of good-for-you ingredients and you can even sleep in it (if you want).
Youthforia is an Asian woman–owned small business established in 2020 that specializes in environmentally friendly, cruelty-free makeup made with at least 90% renewable ingredients.
Fun fact: All of Youthforia's makeup is designed with ingredients that make it A-OK for your skin to sleep with it on!
Promising review: "Dewy and glowy. I tried it over makeup and it appeared as a strong pink shade but settled to a flushed, glowy color. I had my little sister try it too because I wanted to see the color change again and it lasted a really long time on her. The texture was smooth and it was easy to rub in and blend out." —Summer
15. Bio-Oil — it may just become your hypoallergenic, nongreasy, and dermatologist-recommended go-to for lessening the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Or it can also just serve as an amazing body moisturizer.
I've used this stuff before on a variety of bumps and scratches I've accumulated on my legs as an extraordinarily pale and clumsy human. I think it's really worked! Also I've used it as a body moisturizer in the dry, dry depths of winter with supple results.
Promising review: "I swear by this product. Very effective on discolored skin due to scarring. I had shingles on my face brought about by stress because we were moving. It ravaged the lower right side of my face and I was pretty sure it was going to leave hideous scarring. I bought this and started applying it when I started scabbing and still haven't stopped using it til now. I had my shingles april and its august now. Check the before and after pics. It works." —twitch
Get a 2 oz. bottle from Amazon for $10.26.