27 Things That'll Save You Money In The Long Run
Spend a bit now for some major payoff down the line.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
4. An electric hot pot you can use to heat water hot enough to make the PERFECT nooldes so you aren't tempted to spend all your pennies on fast food when you have perfectly fine stuff to cook at home!
6. A Swiss peeler to make undressing your dinner ingredients way simpler so you just may swear off buying those pre-cut veggies.
7. A crazy good brush you can use to ~gently~ de-matt fur and de-shed the undercoat so your dog or cat doesn't leave a shag rug layer on top of your regular rugs. Maybe you can even skip a grooming appointment 😉.
8. A heated fleece wrap to tuck yourself into at the office so you won't have to spend $4 on a coffee around the corner to thaw out for a meeting.
10. A set of magnetic measuring cups and spoons to keep everything nice and together so that 1/3 cup won't go missing again and force you to buy a whole new dang set.
11. A startlingly effective rust remover for spiffing up household surfaces instead of investing in costly replacements or repairs.
12. A pair of waterproof wireless headphones so you won't have to sacrifice another pair to your sweaty runs.
15. Or if you're all-in on this whole sous vide technique, a bluetooth-enabled precision cooker. It can make a budget cut of steak taste like $$$.
16. Statement earrings (four pairs!!!) to jazz up the dress you wore to last year's circuit of spring weddings. And then another. And another. And another.
17. And a pair of cute sheer socks you can layer underneath the shoes you wore with those dresses to every last wedding in 2017 for way cheaper than a new pair of shoes you'd have to break in anyway.
18. A pair of fridge refreshers that'll keep your produce fresher for a year so you don't have to throw away your precious farmer's market haul.
19. A color-switching sponge to save you some trouble and brush-cleaning solution when switching to another eyeshadow for a perfectly blended smoky eye.
20. A pair of translucent shoe covers that'll help you show off your look while protecting your style without worrying about bringing a second pair of shoes to wear indoors with you for the day.
21. A *good* umbrella to tuck into your bag so you won't have to pay for a cheap, overpriced umbrella at the drug store when you get caught in an April shower.
22. And while we're on the subject, a pair of ankle rain boots (that don't feel super clunky like your wellies). They'll probably get a ton of wear and save some of your not–rain boots from a soggy demise.
23. A pair of storm overshoes that'll stretch over your dress shoes. You can creepily peel them off once you get back indoors where it's significantly drier.
24. OK, but one more rain thing! A handbag raincoat for keeping that gem you swore to yourself you'd carry around every day A OK during rainy spells.
25. A dumpling tool to help you DIY your takeout dinner vice and save yourself some Seamless shame. (You know what I'm talking about.)
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.