30 Problem Solving Products That’ll Make Your Fall Socially Distanced Adventures So Much Better
A movie projector, inflatable lounger, travel bidet, and more goodies to make the great outdoors feel spectacular.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A Wi-Fi-connected movie projector that'll turn your backyard into the coolest place on the block. And if your yard is big enough for social distancing, you can invite the neighbors over for movie night! (Psst, it also works for video games.)
2. A picnic blanket with a charming carrying system and waterproof bottom to keep you sitting pretty in the park with a barrier between you and the dirt. That lil' handle will make it so much easier to carry (especially for folks who walk to the park).
3. A self-inflating bleacher cushion you'll be able to easily pack for whatever socially distanced event or park visit leaves you on a hard piece of metal for hours at a time. You'll sure feel sore if you forget to bring it along.
5. A waterproof inflatable lounger as the closest thing to a couch you can tote along to the park or beach... or maybe just your backyard! Having a cozy spot will help you make the good times last even longer.
6. Or a lightweight camping chair in case you prefer to sit upright while socializing. (To each their own!) Plus it has a cooler that'll hold up to four cans. I don't know about you, but I'd like my outdoor socializing to last through more than one bev.
7. A plaid blanket pashmina for that in-between time when you wanna be wrapped up but not feel like you're roasting, y'know?! It isn't cold enough yet for an actual blanket scarf (a la Lenny) but I like where your head's at.
8. A boot tray to contain the mess from your family's footwear after trudging through seasonal corn mazes or just raking the leaves in the yard.
9. A cuddly teddy jacket that'll feel like a warm hug every time you pull it on, and will look *so* good in all those pics you're going to take at that outdoor sculpture garden you've been meaning to hit up forever. Now's the time!
10. A pressure-activated cooling pad you can keep in a spot right inside your door so when your dog comes in from your outdoor adventures on a surprisingly warm fall day they can cool down a bit. It's 5–10 degrees cooler than room temp and reviewers say it also provides some relief for pets with joint pain.
11. Ankle rain boots in case you're like me and wellies give you the sweats but you could use some protection from slick fall leaves on those fall hangs.
12. And some knit and faux fur-lined booties more or less made for jumping into piles of leaves. They'll keep your feet toasty without being *too* toasty. Here's to those fall days that start out with full-on sweater weather and turn into T-shirt weather come afternoon!
13. A waterproof Bluetooth speaker so you can pump up the jams while you're sitting on separate picnic blankets from your pals. It has 360-degree sound with a 24-hour charge, and a splash-proof design to help all sorts of things.
14. An outdoor drink stakes set that'll hold your beverage (even a wine glass!) while you tend to the fire pit or check out how those burgers are faring on the grill.
15. Speaking of a grill, a cleaning stone to help revive those grill racks on your grill as a nontoxic option! Perhaps you skipped grilling this summer? May I rec doing a neighborly (distanced) BBQ for a lil' social interaction without any physical interaction?
16. A winter hat that somehow looks good on everyone. Being prepared for that park hang with a hat will make fall hangouts that much more viable. Plus, we love an op to cover up a less-than-stellar hair day.
17. Scaredy cats that'll make for some very cute Halloween decorations *and* deter critters like real cats, rodents, birds, rabbits, squirrels, and other pests. ENOUGH with the squirrels coming for your snacks.
19. An insulated cooler backpack – it can carry along all sorts of treats like a picnic charcuterie board and wine. Trust me, a tote bag just doesn't cut it. (I've tried that, failed.)
20. A hydration pack ready to help ya' out on that hike while freeing up your hands instead of carrying along your regular water bottle. You can drink straight from the nozzle thanks to a leakproof water bladder in the pack. Plus! It has pockets for stashing your essentials.
21. An eco-friendly fire starter that's super portable for your camping or bonfire needs. So easy it's scary... time to queue up those ghost stories!
22. A set of s'mores sticks to *safely* reach closer to that fire so you can achieve the perfect level of toasted on that marshmallow. It's extremely important!
23. And some chocolate-stuffed marshmallows that'll take an extra step out of making s'mores. Plus they'll perfect your chocolate-marshmallow ratio!
24. A portable hybrid camping lantern and fan as a way to up your camping gear ante. It has 18 LED lights to operate both as a flashlight and a tent light, two fan speeds, and will hook onto your tent. OK maybe the fan part isn't as much of a seasonal factor, but look at that light output!
26. A lightweight tunic that'll easily go with whatever pair of leggings are clean atm. If you hate real pants, but need something that isn't a prim dress for the day's activity, this is a great choice!
27. A lightweight water-resistant down coat as a topper against the fall chill that'll pack down to fit in a small bag. Affordable, available in eight colors, and easy to transport? Sign me up!
28. A fleece-lined flannel shirt for anyone whose activity lineup qualifies them for a starring role on Mountain Men but likes to have a full range of motion that heavy coats just don't offer.
29. Incredibly resilient socks reviewers say are super comfy in everyday wear and also for outdoor activities like hiking and camping. Also, they come with a lifetime guarantee!
30. And a Thermacell mosquito-repelling shield that's scent-free and cordless, aka way better than a citronella candle. It offers up 15 feet of protection for 12 hours and has claims that it's far more effective than any ole candle.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.