Since the first Deadpool movie premiered in 2016 and took the world by storm, fans have been eagerly awaiting the sequel. It’s been a long wait, but Deadpool 2 is finally here – and the straight-talking superhero is just as outrageous and funny as ever. So when BuzzFeed got the chance to chat with some of the film’s stars – Deadpool himself, Ryan Reynolds; Zazie Beetz, who plays always-lucky Domino; and Rob Delaney, the not-super but still ambitious Peter – we decided to play a little game of Would You Rather: Deadpool Edition.
But do you agree with their answers?
1. Would you rather have Cable’s bionic arm or be able to transform yourself into steel like Colossus?
Ryan Reynolds: I don’t think I could be tender with my wife if I were steel all over. So I’m going to take Cable’s arm. How do you guys feel?
Rob Delaney: You could be tender with your wife with a bionic arm. It probably has a tenderness setting.
RR: It’s kind of a tenderiser, if you think about it. Zazie?
Zazie Beetz: I’m gonna go with a bionic arm. It’s also kind of futuristic, so that’s cool.
RR: Also it’s not being entirely made out of CGI.
2. Would you rather have Cable’s ability to time-travel, or be able to send out atomic blasts like Negasonic Teenage Warhead?
ZB: I wouldn’t want her personality.
RD: I’d go Warhead, I think, because I think Warhead’s effects would be less awful than time travel, right? You go back in time and knock over a traffic cone and then there’s a real nuclear war 20 years later because you did that.
RR: Absolutely. If I had time travel, I would unravel the very fabric of the universe. I would go with Negasonic Teenage Warhead, mostly because I just want to be a teenager again.
vote votesBe able to time-travel like Cable.
vote votesBe able to send out atomic blasts like Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
3. Would you rather have a regular-sized head with Colossus’s body or Colossus’s head with a regular-sized body?
RR: That’s not even a question, I’m just moving on.
4. Would you rather arm wrestle for your life against Cable or Colossus?
RD: Maybe I’d use my least favourite arm against Colossus, so it would get ripped off fastest.
RR: Yes, exactly, I like that. I’m just going to go a totally different direction. I would rather arm wrestle Cable’s appendix. Fuck it.
5. Would you rather challenge Domino to a game of poker or challenge Cable to a thumb war?
RR: You’re not going to win either way here. I would take the humble loss with Domino and walk away with all my hands.
RD: Yeah, because then you’re just a loser, which you probably entered the game as anyway. In a thumb war, you don’t have a thumb.
6. Would you rather have to wear Deadpool’s suit every time you left your house, or have Wolverine’s haircut for the rest of your life?
ZB: Well, you tell us about the Deadpool suit – how did that feel?
RR: The Deadpool suit, in a word? Moist. I think I’m going to take Wolverine’s haircut for the rest of my life.
RD: Me too. It’s not wildly different. I’m very hairy anyway, so not a big change for me.
RR: A dollop of hairspray and you’re out.
ZB: Simple. You could pop on a little hat, it’d be great.
RD: Plus I don’t even like to put a shirt on over my head if it’s already buttoned, I get claustrophobic, so the Deadpool suit… [shakes head]
vote votesWear the Deadpool suit every time you leave the house.
vote votesHave Wolverine's haircut for the rest of your life.
7. Would you rather get to live in the X-Mansion or be a member of the X-Force?
RD: X-Force. I’d rather be a thing than live in a place.
RR: I mean, what are they having us do in the X-Mansion, you know? We could just be downstairs, strapped to a gurney, as emergency harvestable organs. Anything could happen. Nobody wants to be that.
8. Would you rather fight for the last slice of pizza against Colossus or Negasonic Teenage Warhead?
RD: I think Colossus, because if you somehow won, like you snuck between his legs and got it, he would be sad. It would hurt his feelings, and that would be fun.
RR: You know, Negasonic Teenage Warhead has feelings too, though. I’ve seen them. There’s two of them.
ZB: I think also Colossus. I don’t think he would necessarily go violent either.
RR: That’s true. I think he’d just happily give it up.
vote votesFight for the last slice of pizza against Colossus.
vote votesFight for the last slice of pizza against Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
9. Would you rather get stuck in an elevator with Deadpool or Weasel?
RD: Weasel, as he’s played, doesn’t seem like he smells great.
RR: Deadpool does not smell great either. This is what’s called a lose-lose.
10. Would you rather spend a night Netflix and chilling with Deadpool or Cable?
RR: We can watch Zazie on her television programme, Atlanta. So that’s kind of a win already. Wait, that’s not on Netflix, is it?
ZB: No, it’s on Hulu. Everyone subscribe to that.
RD: I’d probably go with Deadpool, because Cable… God knows what he watches.
RR: Yeah, some sort of hunting channel or something.
11. Would you rather have Dopinder or Blind Al on your side in a fight?
RD: Blind Al.
RR: Yeah, she’d make it fun.
ZB: Dopinder can drive, though. You might be able to get on out of there.
RR: That’s true. I say both, because they’re both human shields.
12. Would you rather bring Deadpool or Peter home for Thanksgiving?
RD: I have to recuse myself.
RR: Yeah, you're out. I'd rather bring Peter home. Manners. Looks for days. Sensible dress.
13. Would you rather have to wear a skin-tight superhero suit for the rest of your life, or wear a superhero cape with every outfit?
ZB: I’d go cape, for sure.
RR: Yeah. It’ll add a little pizzazz to your outfit too.
RD: Cable properly wears a cape and he crushes it. He looks good.
RR: That’s true. If you ask him, though, he’s like, “It’s a cloak!”
vote votesWear a skintight superhero suit for the rest of your life.
vote votesWear a superhero cape with every outfit.
14. Would you rather be stuck on a desert island with Weasel or Peter?
RR: It’s got to be Peter. Resourceful, good with the internet.
15. Would you rather have Deadpool’s healing powers or Domino’s power of luck?
ZB: You know, the thing is, like, will Deadpool ever die? You know? Like, will the sun explode and will you just be floating out in space for an eternity? Just hanging?
RR: So what you’re saying is luck.
RD: Maybe if I knew I could die – because I’d like to die one day – I would pick the healing, because then I could heal, and I could die. I wouldn’t want to be lucky, because you don’t want everything to go your way, because then you become a psychopath really quickly.
RR: That’s true. You might get complacent or something like that. So I’m gonna go with healing power.