1. This is Mina Gerges, a Canadian student who lives in London, Ontario, and who has a unique Instagram hobby.
2. For the past few months, Mina has been recreating famous celebrity divas on his Instagram account. Here he is as a budget version of Beyoncé.
3. Mina, a media student at Canada’s Western University, told BuzzFeed Style his recreations are intentionally low-budget.
“I make everything myself,” he said, describing a process that takes about two hours for each photo. “I purchase curtains and hold them with pins, and everything else I put on them I stick with glue.”
Mina said he’s aiming for people to see overexposed celebrities in a new light, highlighting the photoshop extremes of some celeb pictures which Mina says promote an unrealistic body image.
5. Rihanna is also a favorite subject of his at-home recreations.
9. If you can’t afford a tub full of milk, just use a sheet for similar effect.
13. Iggy Azalea can’t seem to deal with how well Mina has recreated her look.
15. He’s not just a fan of pop divas though. Here’s Mina as Kylie Jenner’s doppelgänger.
16. And here he is as Kim Kardashian, with Mina substituting his own true love in place of Kanye.
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper. He had previously alleged voter fraud.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎
- People are cringing (and laughing) at this Forever 21 necklace they think is taking the choker trend too far 😬