12. When they visited you, they always crashed on some relative’s couch, or kicked you out of your own bed.
They were convinced hotels were a rip-off.
22. Everyone was your aunt or uncle, but you had no idea if they were actually related to you.
Also your parents called each other Mom and Dad instead of their first names. In fact, you didn’t even know adults had first names.
27. Finally: Your parents gave you everything they had and spent nothing on themselves. They know firsthand the dangers of the world, and their work isn’t done until they see you settled and safe.
Their clothes are 20 years old, but they sent you to college. They may be too stoic to say, “I love you,” but you know they do, and you wouldn’t change anything! Thanks, Mom and Dad!
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.
- And we asked tourists and locals in Nice, France, what the burkini ban means to them.