12. When they visited you, they always crashed on some relative’s couch, or kicked you out of your own bed.
They were convinced hotels were a rip-off.
22. Everyone was your aunt or uncle, but you had no idea if they were actually related to you.
Also your parents called each other Mom and Dad instead of their first names. In fact, you didn’t even know adults had first names.
27. Finally: Your parents gave you everything they had and spent nothing on themselves. They know firsthand the dangers of the world, and their work isn’t done until they see you settled and safe.
Their clothes are 20 years old, but they sent you to college. They may be too stoic to say, “I love you,” but you know they do, and you wouldn’t change anything! Thanks, Mom and Dad!
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺