12. When they visited you, they always crashed on some relative’s couch, or kicked you out of your own bed.
They were convinced hotels were a rip-off.
22. Everyone was your aunt or uncle, but you had no idea if they were actually related to you.
Also your parents called each other Mom and Dad instead of their first names. In fact, you didn’t even know adults had first names.
27. Finally: Your parents gave you everything they had and spent nothing on themselves. They know firsthand the dangers of the world, and their work isn’t done until they see you settled and safe.
Their clothes are 20 years old, but they sent you to college. They may be too stoic to say, “I love you,” but you know they do, and you wouldn’t change anything! Thanks, Mom and Dad!
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from publicly blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.