1. While other parents were decorating their baby rooms when their kids were born, your parents were pickling things to give you on your wedding day.
3. When it was time to get a car, you were pissed when your parents got you just a regular 3 series.
Or a lawyer.
Even though you keep telling them you plan on being the next Maz Jobrani.
5. From the moment you were born, they’ve wanted you to get married.
8. Your dad has sprayed almost a full bottle of the same cologne on himself every day since as far back as you can remember.
9. Sometime between age 40 to 60, every woman you know somehow becomes a blonde.
10. Your parents think everyone is also Persian.
“His real last name is Charlie Shaheen, he changed it for Hollywood.”
11. And when an actor/actress actually is Persian, they become obsessed with them.
12. There are so many Persian rugs in your house, your parents have to literally stack them on top of each other.
13. You had to explain what this was when your friends would come over.
17. You were surprised to learn that there were flavors of ice cream other than pistachio.
18. The first time you went to a baseball game and someone came by with this yelling, “cotton candy,” you were confused.
19. Your mom’s solution to every pain you have is to put eggs on it.
20. You had trouble explaining Farsi phrases to other people.
“What do you mean by dirt on my head?”