1. 50th anniversary special The Day Of The Doctor is the biggest thing Doctor Who has ever attempted.
2. The episode was shot in 3D.
3. It will be simulcast globally in over 75 countries.
4. It will also receive a limited cinematic release.
5. Although lots of fans wanted it, it was never seriously considered to bring all the old Doctors back.
7. He also felt less pressure over such a biggie than you might think.
9. The story will nod to the past, but it is more about securing the future.
11. Paul McGann's Eighth Doctor will definitely not be appearing.
12. John Hurt is the "War Doctor".
13. Although this does not change the numbering of Doctors post-Eight.
14. John Hurt was everything you would want him to be, says Moffat.
15. As you may have heard, David Tennant is back as the Tenth Doctor!
16. Which makes The Day Of The Doctor the latest in a grand tradition of multi-Doctor specials.
17. Sometimes the two Doctors get on.
18. Sometimes they do not.
19. Like so.
"I think that's what's been quite interesting to find the moments when our two Doctors intersect and the moments when we do things rather differently. I think the fun is in the sort of gap between the two really. We've been finding moments when they quite enjoy recognising the same thing or having the same thought. And they switch between praising each other's ingenuity to trying to undermine at every possibility." (Tennant)
20. But it allows for a lot of comedy.
21. Tennant always sort-of-knew he would be back.
22. Matt Smith is very excited about all of this.
23. So everything was fine in the end.
"It's been really good fun actually. I thought well this'll be great, I'll say yes to this, and then the day approaches and it's a slightly odd sensation because I thought what if Matt feels like I'm stepping on his toes or what if I can't remember how to do it? There's lots of things that you feel slightly nervous about. But because [Matt] and Jenna have been so up for it and so welcoming and generous it's been a really nice experience. It's been really good fun." (Tennant)