1. "'Magical Mushrooms and Mystical Molds.' A class all about, you guessed it, hallucinogens and fermentation."
2. "My university offered a class on Beyoncé’s Lemonade."
3. "I took one neuroscience class on zombies and how they scientifically function. We studied their behavior and the way it allowed us to fully map their brain in comparison to a human’s."
4. "I literally took wine/beer tasting as an elective. Basically we all just got drunk on different kinds of wine every week and pretended to be sommeliers?"
5. "I once took a class all about death. What to expect, how to prepare, thoughts and feelings about death, how to deal with a dying loved one, etc. We even had to write our own obituary, wills, and last wishes."
6. "I took a class called 'Objects in Everyday Life.' We learned about the cultural and social impacts of soap and other random objects."
7. "I took a class called 'Muppet Magic.' We learned about the history of puppetry and basically everything Jim Henson. We watched a lot of Henson movies and clips, and our final was to make a muppet."
8. "Beekeeping. No, I did not get stung and yes, we got honey."
9. "I took a class on garbage. We learned the history of garbage and took a tour of the composting facility at the dump."
10. "I took a class called 'Deviant Behavior.' On the first day of class, the professor randomly left the room. About five minutes later, the TA stood up and said that the professor was hiding somewhere on campus and we had to go and find him."
11. "I took a pornography class in law school. It was based on the 14th amendment and the equal protection clause and very enlightening."
12. "I took a class at my community college once called 'How To Deal With Difficult People.' Got to write papers calling out all the awful behavior I had to put up with in my life."
13. "My friend took a tractor driving class her last quarter before she graduated."
14. "I took a class about the science of laughter my freshman year! It was probably the most thought-provoking class I've ever had."
15. "Freshman year I took a ghost hunting class! We stayed overnight twice in a haunted house and did all the stereotypical ghost investigation techniques."
16. "'The History of Body Modification.' I did a PowerPoint on prison tattoos and got extra credit for filming myself getting a piercing."
17. "Puppy walking. It's a class where you take puppies that are being trained for bomb sniffing around campus. That’s it. Just walking puppies. It’s awesome."
18. "Lactation biology! It was about how different species go through pregnancy and lactation. It ended up being one of my favorite classes."
19. "I took a power walking class my sophomore year of college. We pretty much just went on power walks around campus."
20. "I took a dreams interpretation class where we sat in a circle and discussed what our dreams meant. We also had to keep a dream journal that we were to write in as soon as we woke up from dreaming."
21. "I took a class about Instagram and Twitter as a new way of biography."
Some submissions have been edited for grammar and clarity.