1. "Cupid’s Chokehold" by The Gym Class Heroes was written about Katy Perry. She used to date the lead singer, Travie McCoy.
2. "Fix You" by Coldplay was written by Chris Martin for Gwyneth Paltrow (his wife at the time) after her father died.
3. "California Gurls" by Katy Perry was aimed at Jay-Z and Alicia Keys as a response to their "Empire State of Mind." She wanted there to be a song to represent California.
6. "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast was an apology to Erykah Badu and her mother after Badu and Andre 3000 broke up.
7. "Wedding Bells" by Nick Jonas is about his ex-girlfriend Miley Cyrus's engagement to Liam Hemsworth.
10. "Madness" by Muse is about Matt Bellamy's (the lead singer) relationship with Kate Hudson. It was inspired by a fight they had.
13. "Boyfriend" by Ashlee Simpson was aimed at Lindsay Lohan for accusing Simpson of stealing her then-boyfriend, Wilmer Valderrama.
15. When Phil Collins wrote "You’ll Be In My Heart" for Tarzan, he wrote the lyrics for his daughter (Lily Collins) and has often referred to it as her song.
17. "Cinderella" by Mac Miller, a song that has lyrics about very intimate bedroom moments, is about Ariana Grande.
18. And "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry was inspired by Miley Cyrus. Miley said she heard Katy say on the radio that the song was about her.
Some submissions have been edited for clarity and grammar.