1. "In I Love You, Man when he makes drinks for the girls and hears them talking about how he has no friends. He tries to leave but they catch him and know he heard everything...so cringe."
2. "Spider-Man 3 — Tobey Maguire trying to act like a sexy bad boy walking down the street. KILLS ME EVERY TIME."
3. "When Jacob says, 'Let's face it, I am hotter than you' to Edward when Bella and the boys are hiding in a tent in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. *Cringe.*"
5. "In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, when Ginny ties Harry's shoelaces. I'm still not sure what they were going for in that scene, but yikes!"
7. "In Love, Simon when Martin asks Abby to the dance in front of the entire school and she says no — I wanted to crawl in a hole from secondhand embarrassment."
8. "In Knocked Up when they show the baby crowning. My biology teacher showed us a video of a birth and went into explicit detail about the sound of an episiotomy. That scene brought it all back and my thighs clenched so, so hard to protect my poor lady bits."
9. "In The Edge of Seventeen when Nadine accidentally sends her explicit texts to the guy she likes and then goes to her teacher for advice and he has to read out loud 'I want you to put your mouth on my tits.'"
10. "In Dumb and Dumber when Harry has that terrible explosive diarrhea and then finds out the toilet doesn’t work!"
11. "That part in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban when Hermione cries into Ron’s chest and Harry awkwardly as hell puts his arm around her. It is the epitome of third-wheeling."
12. "That one scene in 13 Going on 30 where Jenna thinks she’s about to kiss Chris, only to take off her blindfold and see Matt. That 'Oh, Chris' gets me cringing every time."
13. "The 'hold on tight, spider monkey' scene from Twilight."
14. "When Andie Anderson and Benjamin Barry sing 'You're So Vain' in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Makes me wanna die."
15. "In 50 Shades of Grey when he says, 'I'm 50 shades of fucked up.' I laughed out loud even though it wasn't meant to be funny. It just sounded so ridiculous in a movie when it didn't sound that ridiculous reading it."
16. "In Young Adult when Mavis goes to Beth and Buddy's party and has the worst drunken meltdown in front of all the guests. And then Buddy tells her he didn't even invite her and that it was Beth's idea to invite her because she felt sorry for her."
17. "I love Rizzo in Grease, but I cringe every time when she throws her milkshake at Kenickie and yells, 'To you from me, Pinky Lee!' It’s such a weird cornball line."
18. "'I’m from Michigan.' Every time I watch Mean Girls, I can’t help but cringe during that part. So. Damn. Awkward."
19. "Some may disagree, but no one can convince me that the scene in Bring It On where Torrance is dancing to Cliff’s mixtape is not embarrassing. Every time it gets to that scene I feel so embarrassed. My whole family finds it super cringeworthy."
20. "In Hello, My Name Is Doris when she drunkenly writes on his Facebook wall!!! I couldn’t deal with it."
21. "I love Legally Blonde so much, but when she walks into the party with the bunny suit, I've never felt more secondhand embarrassment for a fictional character than in that moment. I still can barely bring myself to watch that part of the movie."
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.