Logan will be the eighth and final appearance for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, who's routinely been stabbed, shot in the face, tortured, drowned, and generally suffered all manner of horrific injuries.
Yet, while Logan is set to provide a little closure for Magneto's favourite punching bag, it doesn't come CLOSE to what comic book writers have done to him over the years.
Turns out healing ability is less "cool superhero power" and more "way for many people to fuck with you".
1. Getting emasculated by Captain Spock.
2. Having his face blown off by the Punisher, then steamrollered.
3. Being eaten (partially) by a cannibal.
4. Being tricked into killing the vast majority of the X-Men.
5. Eaten by the Hulk.
6. Getting turned into a vampire (by Jubilee).
7. Being hit with a nuclear bomb.
8. Literally being ripped in half by the Hulk...and having the two pieces thrown off a mountain.
Oh also, it took him over three years to find his legs.
Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk managed two issues in 2005 and 2006, before going on a hiatus until issue #3 came out in 2009, leaving Wolverine without legs for three years. Three years!