19 Moments Anyone Who Has Shopped At Ikea Has Had
"It's FINE — that's the level of passion that a rug warrants."
1. You usually start a trip to Ikea feeling more confident than you should.
2. But when you see that bright yellow sign approaching, you begin to question yourself.
3. You get inside and all of a sudden your old, traumatic memories come flooding back.
4. You think to yourself, "Oh yeah, this is the seventh circle of hell."
5. Even though there are actual maps, you always feel totally lost.
6. Getting in touch with the outside world is near impossible.
7. And if you're actually able to get ahold of someone, they have no idea what you're saying anyway.
8. You very quickly lose enthusiasm for anything named BILLY, LACK, EKTORP, etc.
9. And if you made the mistake of shopping with a loved one at Ikea, you get THIS CLOSE to ending them when they don't approve of your choices.
10. In fact, you've probably left Ikea pissed off more times than you've left it happy.
11. At some point you have to just lie down and decompress.
12. And in that time you wonder, "Who the hell actually likes coming here?!"
13. You find the self-serve area so overwhelming that it reminds you of the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Minus the thrilling adventure, fun, and Indiana Jones...so, basically, it's awful.