Fashion Advertising, Universally, Sucks.
Here’s what it should say in the dictionary under “Fashion Advertising”:
“Cliche-riddled crap lacking even a whiff of an idea.”
But upscale UK department store chain Harvey Nichols has, almost single-handedly, tried to change this unfortunate trend. Year-in and year-out, their ad agency DDB London has produced brilliant, award-winning advertising.
Here’s a small gallery of some of their best ads.
Ad agency: DDB London.
13. 2010. Via Dubai (where Harvey Nichols opened a store in 2006).
As Adland pointed out, Y&R in Dubai obviously stole this sale ad idea (top) from taxidermy artist Cai Guo-Qiang piece “Head On” (bottom). But that’s what good ad creatives do: they steal from other sources.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Donald Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻