Fashion Advertising, Universally, Sucks.
Here’s what it should say in the dictionary under “Fashion Advertising”:
“Cliche-riddled crap lacking even a whiff of an idea.”
But upscale UK department store chain Harvey Nichols has, almost single-handedly, tried to change this unfortunate trend. Year-in and year-out, their ad agency DDB London has produced brilliant, award-winning advertising.
Here’s a small gallery of some of their best ads.
Ad agency: DDB London.
13. 2010. Via Dubai (where Harvey Nichols opened a store in 2006).
As Adland pointed out, Y&R in Dubai obviously stole this sale ad idea (top) from taxidermy artist Cai Guo-Qiang piece “Head On” (bottom). But that’s what good ad creatives do: they steal from other sources.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- A draft of an Obamacare repeal plan was released that would strip many benefits and taxes from the healthcare law, while blocking federal funds from Planned Parenthood.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀