Fashion Advertising, Universally, Sucks.
Here’s what it should say in the dictionary under “Fashion Advertising”:
“Cliche-riddled crap lacking even a whiff of an idea.”
But upscale UK department store chain Harvey Nichols has, almost single-handedly, tried to change this unfortunate trend. Year-in and year-out, their ad agency DDB London has produced brilliant, award-winning advertising.
Here’s a small gallery of some of their best ads.
Ad agency: DDB London.
13. 2010. Via Dubai (where Harvey Nichols opened a store in 2006).
As Adland pointed out, Y&R in Dubai obviously stole this sale ad idea (top) from taxidermy artist Cai Guo-Qiang piece “Head On” (bottom). But that’s what good ad creatives do: they steal from other sources.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭