Fashion Advertising, Universally, Sucks.
Here’s what it should say in the dictionary under “Fashion Advertising”:
“Cliche-riddled crap lacking even a whiff of an idea.”
But upscale UK department store chain Harvey Nichols has, almost single-handedly, tried to change this unfortunate trend. Year-in and year-out, their ad agency DDB London has produced brilliant, award-winning advertising.
Here’s a small gallery of some of their best ads.
Ad agency: DDB London.
13. 2010. Via Dubai (where Harvey Nichols opened a store in 2006).
As Adland pointed out, Y&R in Dubai obviously stole this sale ad idea (top) from taxidermy artist Cai Guo-Qiang piece “Head On” (bottom). But that’s what good ad creatives do: they steal from other sources.
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 👌