This Dior Homme “Unceonsored” video ad has, as of this posting, 3.5 million views in less than three days.
Here’s my review words: “staggeringly unoriginal” “stultifyingly boring”
It looks and feels exactly like a hundred black & white fashion “film” ads I’ve seen in the last ten years, one recent example: Calvin Klein’s Rooney Mara ad.
The Dior video, which co-stars French model Camille Rowe, is directed by Romain Gavras, the son of a great movie maker.
That’s just the beginning of the cliche parade.
2. On the roof of a cheap hotel, for no reason. He’s just a “rebel.”
3. In a bathtub with his clothes on. edgy.
4. Making out in an elevator. He’s dangerous.
5. Crashing a hoity-toity conservative party, and receiving withering glances of disapproval.
6. Running on cheap hotel’s rooftop for no reason = “rebel”
7. Driving sports car (vintage BMW) on beach.
8. On another roof, this time in the city, again for no reason. INTROSPECTIVE “rebel.”
9. Jumping into pool, again with clothes on. ‘My perfectly-fitting designer clothes mean nothing to me because I’m a victim of consumerism.’
10. I am, like, so disaffected, disconnected, discombobulated, discontented…
11. I am R Patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›