This Dior Homme “Unceonsored” video ad has, as of this posting, 3.5 million views in less than three days.
Here’s my review words: “staggeringly unoriginal” “stultifyingly boring”
It looks and feels exactly like a hundred black & white fashion “film” ads I’ve seen in the last ten years, one recent example: Calvin Klein’s Rooney Mara ad.
The Dior video, which co-stars French model Camille Rowe, is directed by Romain Gavras, the son of a great movie maker.
That’s just the beginning of the cliche parade.
2. On the roof of a cheap hotel, for no reason. He’s just a “rebel.”
3. In a bathtub with his clothes on. edgy.
4. Making out in an elevator. He’s dangerous.
5. Crashing a hoity-toity conservative party, and receiving withering glances of disapproval.
6. Running on cheap hotel’s rooftop for no reason = “rebel”
7. Driving sports car (vintage BMW) on beach.
8. On another roof, this time in the city, again for no reason. INTROSPECTIVE “rebel.”
9. Jumping into pool, again with clothes on. ‘My perfectly-fitting designer clothes mean nothing to me because I’m a victim of consumerism.’
10. I am, like, so disaffected, disconnected, discombobulated, discontented…
11. I am R Patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.