This Dior Homme “Unceonsored” video ad has, as of this posting, 3.5 million views in less than three days.
Here’s my review words: “staggeringly unoriginal” “stultifyingly boring”
It looks and feels exactly like a hundred black & white fashion “film” ads I’ve seen in the last ten years, one recent example: Calvin Klein’s Rooney Mara ad.
The Dior video, which co-stars French model Camille Rowe, is directed by Romain Gavras, the son of a great movie maker.
That’s just the beginning of the cliche parade.
2. On the roof of a cheap hotel, for no reason. He’s just a “rebel.”
3. In a bathtub with his clothes on. edgy.
4. Making out in an elevator. He’s dangerous.
5. Crashing a hoity-toity conservative party, and receiving withering glances of disapproval.
6. Running on cheap hotel’s rooftop for no reason = “rebel”
7. Driving sports car (vintage BMW) on beach.
8. On another roof, this time in the city, again for no reason. INTROSPECTIVE “rebel.”
9. Jumping into pool, again with clothes on. ‘My perfectly-fitting designer clothes mean nothing to me because I’m a victim of consumerism.’
10. I am, like, so disaffected, disconnected, discombobulated, discontented…
11. I am R Patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›