Classic late 1960s Levy’s ad by Doyle Dane Bernbach.
It bothers a lot of people today.
Via the 1960s for the Rice Council of America.
True Story: The first ad agency I worked for had a shady spa as a client. One of their treatments was a full body “weight loss” wrap. (You just lost water weight).
Our headline on the ad featuring a sexy, curvy fully wrapped woman — “Have you ever seen a fat mummy?” They bought it.
20. 1960s commercial — Injun Orange and Chinese Cherry.
21. PREVIOUSLY on BUZZFEED:
here’s 30 more vintage racist ads.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯🗒
- Infowars founder Alex Jones was dealt a legal blow after a judge ruled in favor of his ex-wife in the custody battle of their three children.
- Beginning in 2018, prescription drugs will be free for anyone under the age of 25 in Ontario, Canada, government says 💊🇨🇦
- President Trump can order himself a Coke with the simple push of a red button installed at his desk in the Oval Office 🔴