Hey! While we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time for Christmas, shipping times are especially tricky this year and can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. Shop early and be sure to double check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for the 25th!)
2. "Resident Dog," a perfect coffee-table book documenting very good dogs and the homes they live in — perfect for anyone getting hit with a bad case of cabin fever.
5. A Moog synth vinyl record from the '70s designed to help houseplants grow — give it to your friend with a green thumb and, at the very least, watch your friendship grow.
6. A multi-purpose tissue box organizer that'll make a perfect addition to their at-home desk set up.
7. Or, stick with single-function minimalism: a house-shaped tissue box to make them feel extremely ~blessed~.
9. An iron candle holder if you'd describe their interior aesthetic as "mid-century monastery" or "medieval chic."
10. A sage-scented styling cream they'll agree is one of the best smelling hair products out there — subtle and earthy and fresh!
11. A set of "roller coasters," the adult version of everyone's favorite childhood game in which you navigate steel balls through a maze — this version will have them navigating condensation drips from their beer.
13. A three-tiered hanging basket to kick their boho living room (or kitchen — it's great as a fruit basket, too!) up a notch.
14. A desktop wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man they'll probably be able to learn a dance move or two from.
15. A vintage Apple monitor stand they can slip their phone into to relive simpler times on the World Wide Web.
16. A suede measuring tape that'll give your handiest friend a chance to flex harder than they ever have around the house.
17. A weave-print face mask with built-in filter pockets so they can dress for these very different times.
18. The revised and expanded 2020 Design Book packed with 500 of the most "innovative, influential, and enduring" products from the last five centuries — to give your design-minded friend some fine coffee-table reading.
20. A Japanese "Welcome" soap that'll certainly make for a great conversation starter in the shower...if that's a thing that exists!
21. The Nordic Baking Book for dipping their toes into the art of minimalist home baking with chef Magnus Nilsson as their guide.
22. A "meta-puzzle" — that's a puzzle with an image of a person assembling a puzzle on it — to give your jigsaw champion friend their greatest challenge yet.
23. A rechargeable electric lighter – it requires no flame, making it also windproof and a whole lot easier to use outside.
24. A pair of aerating wineglasses that'll win over even the most snobbish wine drinker in your life.
27. A pistachio pedestal so your snack-happy friend has a place to store their discarded shells while they eat.
32. A "tic-tac-trivet" — that's a tic-tac-toe board that doubles as a trivet, if you're stumped — so they can protect their beautiful tables from getting stained with cup rings while gaming.
35. A travel pillow for the person in your life who you'd rather not talk to when they get less than eight hours of sleep.
36. A frosted-glass salt and pepper shaker they'll probably want to leave out like it's a sculptural object (it is!).
37. Beats Flex Earphones, because in this age of true wireless listening, a really solid par with a wire *does* feel pretty unique.
38. A set of multi-color balancing blocks that'll serve as equal parts therapeutic activity and eye candy.
40. A 16" puffy laptop sleeve so they can match their son (laptop) when they dress for the next winter storm.
41. A Roxanne Assoulin terrazzo enamel bracelet for a neutral-toned piece that'll round out their ensemble.
42. A set of sculptural pillar candles for an exceptional dinner table centerpiece (they probably won't even want to burn).
43. A cement planter that'll really give them a hand with the Instagram-ability of their plant setup.
45. A cap that says "art house garbage," because it's time to tell your loved one how you really feel about their Criterion Channel queue.
47. A beautiful tortoiseshell cup that may just inspire them to rip off all their cabinet doors and do open shelving.
48. A pair of Tracksmith gloves, the rare, highly-functional and stylish running glove they'll be happy to have on hand (literally) during chilly mornings.
Some reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.