23 Basic Things To Upgrade Your Living Room
It's all in the details.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A super-useful caddy so your remotes have somewhere to live that doesn't block the TV 😩. I mean, your coffee table was destined for more than holding a few remotes.
2. A set of jungle-themed plant hangers just to add something fun and interesting to your living room plants.
3. A mid-century modern plant stand so you can give your plant more sun exposure *and* make your living room appear more spacious.
5. A mold- and mildew-stain remover spray so you can erase the questionable yet unexplainable stains that have been on your rug since the first month you got it.
6. A wood finisher to avoid spending $$$ to restore your wood floors and furniture back to their original glory. This baby works magic for under $20. People will legit think you got new stuff.
7. A velvet pillow sham because styling your couch could make a world of difference. These pillows will add color and texture to your living room for maximum coziness.
8. A floating picture frame for pictures of your favorite memories to add a warm, personal touch to your space. Avoid spending $$$ on custom frames by displaying your vintage magazines, postcards, and other things with wacky dimensions here.
9. A steel, geometric TV stand to elegantly display books, your TV, sound system, photo albums, and more. With its timeless design, it'll look wonderful in the living room or entryway.
10. A Wi-Fi extender to upgrade your movie-watching experience. With this, your favorite show shouldn't freeze mid-finale.
11. A set of dope Black playing cards ♣️♥️♦️♠️ for inspiring meaningful coffee-table conversations and fun game nights in the living room.
13. A tunnel cat scratcher because your cat furniture doesn't have to *look* like cat furniture. This looks like reclaimed art 👩🏾🎨.
14. A TV mount that's easier to install than you think, trust me. Not only does mounting save floor space, it draws the eye up for a better viewing experience.
15. A gallon of white paint because there's nothing like starting with a clean canvas. White walls make the smallest rooms feel larger and they never go out of style.
16. A cleaner and deodorizer to restore your carpet to its glory days, you know, before it acquired that unsettling aroma. Why pay 💰💰💰 to get the thing shampooed ONCE when you can get this long-lasting product for under $20?
17. A gorgeous tufted ottoman with storage because it's the adult way to store linens, board games and toys and add seating to the room. Super versatile, this'll look great in entryways, living rooms, or bedrooms.
18. A renter-friendly privacy window film so you can stop giving your neighbors a free peep show. It's easy to install and UV-resistant ☀️.
19. A dog bed because everyone knows they can be a bit of an eyesore. This one comes in on-trend patterns to complement your home decor.
20. A glittering amethyst geode to usher positive energy and inspiration into the living room. It's great for anyone in need of healing, inspiration, and peaceful energy. Even if you don't believe in crystal healing, this stone is still undeniably beautiful.
21. An unbelievably picturesque LG OLED Smart TV with four times more pixels than a high-definition TV — and it looks gorgeous from all angles. It made me feel like I was experiencing television for the first time all over again.
22. An industrial-style bookshelf for everyone who hates heavy, clunky shelves. Now you can display books, plants, candles, and pictures without sacrificing floor space.
23. A reusable Ambrosia candle befitting of a Greek god. If you're into sophisticated, woodsy candles with slight citrus notes this is a match made in Olympus. Plus, you'll be supporting a great cause.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.