1. Wear sunscreen.
Just do it, OK? Your future self will thank you.
2. Invest in some good tools.
You might be better off with beauty tools that matter — they could be better for your health and have more efficient powers than some conventional options. Microfiber cloths are gentle alternatives for your face, while glass files give your nails a better, healthier shape.
4. Turn your beauty goods into multipurpose items.
Sometimes, you just don’t want to buy a specific product for EVERY. SINGLE. THING. on your body, so resort to the products you already have. Try lipstick for blush and eyeshadow, conditioner for intimates laundry, or nipple cream for cracked areas of skin.
You’ll save your money AND your energy!
6. Remove at least one harmful product from your routine.
You could possibly improve your skin after taking out an irritant. For example, your foaming shampoo probably contains sodium lauryl sulfate, and it could be contributing to your forehead and scalp breakouts. Sulfate-free shampoos are also better for color-treated hair.
Additionally, try avoiding brands that still participate in animal testing, because that’s so 20th century.
7. Cut some time off of your morning hair routine.
For more styling ideas, check these out:
29 Hairstyling Hacks Every Girl Should Know
22 No-Heat Styles That Will Save Your Hair
29 Awesome New Ways To Style Your Natural Hair
18 Awesome Style Ideas For Pixie Cuts
8. Actually take care of your teeth.
Sure, a standard toothbrush and toothpaste do the trick, right? NOPE.
You could add floss, and choose products based on your dental needs — if you find your teeth hurt EVERY TIME you drink tea, it’s time to get some Sensodyne in your life. Or, invest in some cool dental hygiene tools, like the Flossolution that uses a dual brush and floss system.
10. Find your perfect MLBB shade.
“MLBB” stands for “My Lips But Better,” and it refers to lipsticks or glosses that enhance the natural color of your lips. Instead of wearing nude, MLBB’s promote colors that are actually similar to your lip tone, which range in finishes and hue.
11. Take a hair color risk.
Sienna Miller’s rose gold hair is the perfect mix of natural and candied hues. It’s a much more subtle take on the wild and crazy ombré locks of 2013.
13. Recycle or purge your old makeup.
If you’re still at a loss for space after letting some stuff go, these beauty organization tips might be worth a try.
14. Finally, find out what looks good on YOU.
This year, get rid of those excuses like “I don’t look good in red lipstick,” because in reality, people of all skin tones can rock a good red. The solution? Do some digging and find out which shades, remedies, and products work well on you, not on everybody else.
So, find out your skin type, learn the difference between warm and cool hues, and experiment!
- The Republican health care bill is all but dead after President Trump asked Speaker Paul Ryan to scrap a vote when it was clear it wouldn't pass.
- Paul Ryan was forced to admit that "Obamacare is the law of the land" after the failure of the Republican health care bill.
- It's time for Ivanka Trump to "stand for women" against Republican health care policies, says Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍