1. When dating a British man, everything goes a bit Notting Hill in the beginning.
2. And you realise, yes, British men are just as charming as you'd always hoped they'd be.
3. Even when they're a bit drunk (which may or may not happen quite frequently...)
4. They say things so different and so adorable that you can't even handle it.
5. Even better, they find your accent equally as thrilling, even if you're from the lamest, smallest town that ever was.
They're all like, "I love how you say 'bowl' with two syllables even if there's only one." And you're like, "What? No I don't." And then, oh, how they laugh.
6. You learn that the muted, simpler expressions of love and affection are just as meaningful as showy forms of PDA.
7. You immediately feel 100% more assertive in restaurants as your terribly polite British partner doesn't like shouting "EXCUSE ME" across a busy restaurant.
8. You learn the hard way that your tolerance to alcohol is nowhere near that of your British significant other.
After you embarrass yourself enough, you'll learn. Maybe.
9. Arguments sound terribly theatrical, as everything sounds more dramatic when said in a British accent.
10. The first time you encounter a British male's, eh, Union Jack, you will notice things might be a bit different compared with what you're used to.
11. But you soon figure out that things work exactly the same way. Just with different... accessories.
12. Learning how to make a proper cup of tea for them is one of the most important things you will ever learn how to do.
So many things can go wrong....
AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PLEASE.
13. The pressure of making tea for your partner's family when they come over is also IMMENSE.
14. But having British in-laws and a new British family is, as they say, wicked.
They're just like your family back home but with fancy accents!
15. Alternatively, whenever you bring your British boyfriend back home, people react in the strangest of ways.
16. Some people just don't understand where they're from. "The U.K.? Is that The Ukraine?"
17. And if you're from a small town, it's like you've brought actual Prince William to visit.
18. If your partner is into sports, you'll no doubt need to learn the rules for things like cricket and rugby.
"So it's like baseball...but it goes on forever?"