1. "My husband and I dressed as geriatric Han and Leia in honour of our 27th anniversary and the release of The Force Awakens!"
2. "Black Cat exudes confidence and fierceness, which is something I don’t personally possess on a day-to-day basis."
3. "I dressed up as Sharknado and won the costume contest one year on Halloween."
4. "Cosplay is not about accuracy for me. It’s about feeling a connection to a character and wanting to be outside myself."
5. "I cosplay as Daenerys Targaryen and it truly gives me butterflies in my stomach each time I put on one of my costumes."
"When I was wearing this cosplay at Bubonicon 2015, George R.R. Martin called me 'Khaleesi' as he signed my dragon egg. Whenever I'm in cosplay my confidence boosts and I feel like I can take on anything or anyone. I tend not to care what other people think if they see me driving, walking, or eating after an event, because I’m the rightful ruler of Westeros and their opinion doesn’t matter. I love cosplaying as her and I will continue to do so. Cosplayers unite – turn us away and we will burn you first."
– Submitted by Marisa Chacon via email