1. A jar of Museum Gel to keep your fragile possessions from toppling over like Dominoes when there's unexpected movement. If you have little kids or pets and like nice things, this is a must!
Each jar is good for up to 300 uses. To use, just grab a bit of gel, roll it into a ball, and stick it to the bottom of any item you'd like to protect. It's removable, reusable, and won't ruin your furniture. Plus, some reviewers say it's great for keeping things like cabinet and drawer liners from sliding around.
Promising review: "This is AMAZING! I recently got a kitten and of course he loves to tap on things with his paws until he knocks it down. My friend uses this product and told me I had to get it. So worth it!! Once you apply the jelly and let it sit for a little while those objects will not move! And the best part is that it does not damage the surface that it was placed on. 10/10 would recommend!!!" —Darryl Hoard
Get it from Amazon for $14.49.
2. A tub of *iconic* cleaning paste The Pink Stuff, because once you realize how much stain-lifting power this unassuming stuff has, you'll wonder how you ever got anything clean without it. Not only does it get super caked-on stains out, it does so quickly and with minimal effort on your part.
Check out yours truly using it three ways on TikTok!
After seeing countless videos on cleaning TikTok that raved about The Pink Stuff, I knew I had to try it out on my stained, grime-coated sheet tray. I mean, if it could make a dent in that, I'd probably believe in magic. Well, I started scrubbing one corner as a test, and lo and behold, the difference was nothing short of DRAMATIC (check out the photos/TikTok for proof!). And I didn't even have to scrub very hard, though as someone with ~minimal~ upper body strength, I doubt any force I could physically apply would even constitute as heavy scrubbing. At any rate, it worked so well that I tried it on a pair of dirty tennis shoes and a blue stain that had been singed onto my toaster oven for months, and, yup, it worked. I will say, if you want your sheet trays to look brand spankin' new, you might need one of those cleaning scraper tools to get every last bit off, but as far as general stain removal goes, consider me a FAN.
Get it from Amazon for $5.97 (also available in packs of two or three).
3. And a pack of melamine sponges, which are fantastic for tackling mysterious wall smudges, dirt, and grime without the need for chemical sprays. Just wet with water and wipe!
Reviewers say they're an excellent dupe for the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, and much more affordable!
Promising review: "As good as Mr. Clean Magic Erasers but half the price. They clean so many surfaces better than anything. We use them at the bar and clean our chalkboards, metal sinks and ice wells, beer coolers, FRP backsplash walls, and even graffiti in the bathrooms comes off more easily with these than other cleaning products. I took one home and cleaned my shower faster and more easily than with bottles of shower cleaner. Highly recommended." —Stephen Brandau
To learn more, check out BuzzFeed's STK extra-thick cleaning sponges review.
Get a 20-pack from Amazon for $11.95.
4. A super popular ChomChom pet hair remover to roll over furniture, bedding, clothes, or anywhere you'd like your beloved cat's out-of-control shedding to stop accumulating. Best of all? It's totally reusable and doesn't require any annoying sticky film, making it eco-friendly and cost-effective!
Promising review: "This thing is magical and I wish I had found it sooner. Even the most stubborn of dog hairs that have been seemingly woven into the fabric of your couch are no match for the ChomChom. The satisfying click of the roller will have you ChomChom-ing every surface you possibly can, while your dog looks at you in cold betrayal for removing his precious fur deposits. He plots revenge against this new nemesis, revenge that is doomed to fail from the start, because the ChomChom is far too powerful. Meanwhile, you are transfixed by the serotonin rush filling your brain as your ChomChom fills with more and more hair, leaving a path of de-furred sofa in its wake. The dog barks in disapproval. You smile, finally sitting on fur-free furniture for the first time in a long time. Maybe you’ll even have friends over now." —Will
Get it from Amazon for $28.95 — don't forget to apply the coupon to save $3!
5. An over-the-sink dish drying rack for anyone whose counter space is basically non-existant (gotta love those teeny city apartments!). You'll be really glad you bought it when you're cleaning up after dinner and realize, Hey, I actually have a place for this stuff that's not the kitchen table! It would also make an ideal cooling rack and conveniently rolls up when not in use, meaning it'll save even more space.
Promising review: "I bought this because I saw it on TikTok and I’m so glad I did! I hate having things on my counters that don’t belong. I have a dishwasher but I have some things (like most everyone) that aren’t dishwasher safe. I love that I can just roll this out and dry my dishes over the sink. The fact that air is able to get to all sides allows dishes like cups and bowls to actually get dry. Prior to this I was using a drying mat next to my sink, but I was always having to towel dry items that had been sitting out “drying” for hours. Even my husband is impressed. He has told me multiple times it was such a good buy!" —Sheri
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in eight sizes).
6. And a bamboo burner cover people with small kitchens will be thrilled to learn exists, since it transforms your stove into extra counter space! It's essentially a big cutting board, so feel free to chop away right on it.
BuzzFeed's Jennifer Tonti credits this burner cover for helping her cook with ease: "OK so I just bought this for my own tiny apartment (pictured above) and OMG you guys. Life = changed. Food = chopped. Counter space = doubled. I mean the math is all there."
Promising review: "This is so perfect for extra space. It covers the top of my apartment-sized stove so I can then use my stove space for my Instant Pot and food prep. The best space-saving and cosmetic thing I have ever gotten for this tiny apartment." —Talyn Amber Skye
Get it from Amazon for $72.95+ (available in three sizes and in sets).
7. A fan-favorite carpet cleaner that'll help you keep your cool the next time your dog/kid/SO makes a mess on that white rug you insisted on getting. Don't worry, it'll make stains and regret vanish!
Promising review: "This stuff is AMAZING. We have a 1.5-year-old puppy and have make several futile attempts to clean up carpet stains from her potty training days. Another dog owner clued us into this, and we cannot believe we didn't buy it sooner. Seriously, the same night this arrived, I spilled an entire bottle of beer on white carpet (oops), grabbed the Folex, sprayed a bunch onto the stain, massaged it into the carpet with my finger tips, and blotted with a damp towel. You can't see ANY remnant of a stain. I've also attacked old stains (like one-plus year old) and saw the same results. Seriously, buy this!!!" —AKM
Get it from Amazon for $12.85+ (available in two sizes).
8. Or a nontoxic carpet cleaning solution any pet owner will want in their arsenal, stat. You can use it with your vacuum, and not only does it help remove those stubborn stains, reviewers say it'll take care of lingering odors with its refreshingly minty scent as well!
This solution works great with Bissell, Hoover, McCulloch, Rug Doctor, Kenmore, and Carpet Express vacuum cleaners.
Sunny & Honey is a family-run small business making cleaning products designed for pet owners who want keep their homes stain- and odor-free.
Promising review: "A true sensory experience while completing a mundane, laborious chore! The scent from this cleaner was pleasing versus the harsh chemical smell from the other brands out there. Yet, it was able to remove old stains that had been in the carpet fiber for well over seven years. This surprised me as I had just accepted that those stains were there to stay. Plus, it's concentrated so I just used over a bit of the recommended amount. Now the carpet looks great with no grainy feel to it when you walk on it with bare feet; although I did vacuum afterwards. Just as important, the carpet does not have the unpleasant odor that has lingered and would rear its ugly head from time to time! Thanks to Amazon for carrying this and making it easy for me to locate on the site!!!" —Marie J.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two sizes).
9. And Bissell's Little Green cleaner, which is essentially like having your own personal stain-lifting professional in your house 24/7. This small yet mighty machine effortlessly removes seemingly impossible stains from carpets and upholstery with its strong spray and suction functions, and its large tank means less refilling while cleaning.
It comes with a tough stain tool, HydroRinse self-cleaning hose tool, and a trial-size Spot & Stain with Febreze Freshness formula.
Promising review: "This vacuum is amazing. I first heard of it on TikTok where people were using it to clean their stairs, mattresses, car seats, etc. and from the videos, it already looked amazing, but considering how dirty my dining chair cushions were, I was a little bit apprehensive and skeptical. I purchased the item and used it on my chairs for the first time and the results were SO AMAZING. I posted photos for reference of how dirty my cushions were before the cleaning and after the cleaning! Best vacuum I've ever used. I even bought a second one!" —Davina
Get it from Amazon for $123.59.
10. A pack of shelf dividers that'll keep your closet from becoming an absolutely chaotic mess. No more ruffling through piles of towels whenever you're looking for a pillowcase.
Promising review: "I was a little doubtful about these being able to stand up straight but was pleasantly surprised. I'm using them in an old antique cabinet/wardrobe to separate stacks of clothes that would otherwise turn into a pile of clothes on a shelf. I would definitely buy again." —the booniepepper
Get a set of two from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in platinum or bronze).
11. A SinkShroom strainer you should probably get if you're the type of person who avoids doing dishes because your sink takes FOR-EV-ER to drain. It'll catch all of those bits of food before they become an issue, and when it's full, just *pop* the remnants into the trash without scraping any gunk out with your fingers.
BuzzFeed Shopping's Heather Braga says: "I bought this for myself (since I'm clearly a REAL adult) and OMG. This thing REALLY works. Usually when my husband makes sauce from scratch I'm left with chunks of tomatoes throughout my sink and water that WILL NOT drain — that was until I bought the SinkShroom. My mom was so impressed she bought one, too. It's a serious game-changer."
Promising review: "I've gone through quite a number of sink strainers in my life and ALL of them have either broken or the little pop-up part won't stay in the up position... especially when there's a couple of pots in the sink that have been soaking. It doesn't seem like a big thing, but day after day, cleaning out the sink drain, trying to get the little bugger to stay in the 'up' position, wrapping rubber bands around that pop-up thingy, only to have them become really yucky from the stuff I'm attempting to keep from going down the drain and I'd about had it! Then I find this SinkShroom. It's been about two weeks and yes, it has CHANGED MY LIFE! I keep expecting a mini mess in the morning (my kids are usually up late at night, cooking and then cleaning their mess so it's usually full in the a.m.) and there's my SinkShroom... half filled with food pieces but EASY TO EMPTY!! No yucky wet mess. Just a simple flick into the garbage can. HALLELUJAH!" —Elizabeth B.
Get it from Amazon for $9.98 (also available as a two-pack and with a stopper).
12. A pack of dishwasher cleaning tablets, because how clean could your dishes really be if your dishwasher itself is a mess? Their subtle, crisp scent is a welcome change from those rancid odors that often creep up over time with dishwasher use, and in terms of your dishwasher's appearance, I think the photos speak for themselves.
Just pop them into the tray where you'd normally put detergent (or on the bottom of your dishwasher if you're washing dishes at the same time), and run as usual!
Promising review: "This was simple to use, smelled good, and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the dishwasher after the recommended cleaning cycle. This product actually did what it advertises that it will do! Great results, fairly economical — and by the way — it works!" —Old Southern Charm
Another promising review: "Just get them. Changed the way my 20-year-old dishwasher works. Much cleaner dishes and the interior is like new. First time you use it, run it empty with just the cleaner. I didn't realize how much mold and ickiness it got out of my machine." —drpicard
Get a pack of six tablets from Amazon for $8.99.