We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. An elegant sleeveless high-neck pencil dress best worn with a pearl necklace and matching pearl earrings for an undeniably classy ~lewk~ destined to stand out from the rest.
2. A vintage-style belted pencil dress that'll probably give the rest of your wardrobe a run for its money. Not only is this frock basically a compliment magnet, but it also has generous pockets for all your snack-storing needs.
Promising review: "I am a flight attendant and I got this dress for my work because I can't wear the company uniform. The pockets are fantastic. I can fit a 32-ounce Dasani water bottle securely in each pocket, or basically two cans of soda in each pocket. They slide down fully in the pocket and you can't even see the tops of them. I've also put my phone and work tablet in one pocket without noticing and they settle in comfortably. Because the material is the good stretchy kind, the material conforms to what's in the pocket easily so that things don't bounce around a lot or fall out. Finally, the stitching is perfect on this. I've bought other grey dresses for work where the stitching started coming apart after one or two uses. This one, I've washed and worn a lot and it still looks brand new. I beat the heck out of this dress and shove just about everything into the pockets and it still looks amazing. Totally worth buying and I highly recommend it." —ET Barton
Get it from Amazon for $38.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 17 colors).
3. A sleeveless Karl Lagerfeld scuba crepe dress detailed with scalloped faux pearl buttons, a flounce hem, and pockets that's sure to turn more than a few heads.
Promising review: "Finally, something to wear this spring to a sidewalk cafe in Paris. Or, with a light jacket, the dress can trend just as well in the office. The flounce is so classic French, and the split neck and stylish pearl buttons accenting the entire look: magnifique. This sleeveless number has faux pockets and the crepe feels so rich and the pastel lilac color is just so vogue. I can’t wait to ditch the jacket and get to the café to be adored." —InMariesview
Plus, here are some office-friendly clothing items you could also wear on the weekends – because, well, versatility.
4. A highly rated Asos Design wrap midi dress praised by reviewers for its versatility. Consider this little number your one-and-done frock to take you from your morning meeting to dinner at a Michelin star restaurant.
Promising review: "Wow. This dress is absolutely lovely. I ended up buying another one. Every time I wear it people ask me where it came from." —Verified Purchaser
Another promising review: "I am obsessed with this dress. It's lovely and light without being baggy. You could wear this to work, the pub, night out, funeral, with heels, with sandals, with trainers...the possibilities are endless." —Verified Purchaser
Get it from Asos for $55 (available in sizes 12–26).
5. A relaxed yet refined lightweight button-front Gap midi dress to satiate all your ~coastal grandmother~ desires.
Promising review: "I bought this pretty dress in black and absolutely love it! The back waist has a short elasticized portion which allows for a great fit in the waist, and a fit and flare silhouette. The puff sleeves are perfectly executed and a great length. It's a lightweight ethereal 100% cotton and looks much more expensive. The black has a more formal feel, and I may get the white for a fresh and summery more casual option." —Deni M
Get it from Gap for $98 (available in regular sizes XS–XXL, tall sizes S–XL, petite size L, and three colors).
6. A sleeveless pencil dress with the ability to take your 'fit from zero to 100 real quick – but seriously, this frock + pretty much anything = sooo put-together.
Promising review: "I love everything about this dress. It's made of good material, feels like it should have cost more than what I paid. It fit like a glove and I plan to buy more in different colors. Honestly, it's great for work and other business casual events. Probably one of the best clothing brands on Amazon. This is a dress you take to the dry cleaners and not toss in the waster." —kj808
Get it from Amazon for $36.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and 19 colors).
7. A bestselling Anthropologie "Somerset" maxi dress so graceful and elegant you'll have to keep yourself from getting distracted by it while you're trying to send out all your daily emails.
Promising review: "I love how elevated and expensive this version of the Somerset looks. The movement of the dress is really elegant and the colors are richer than I expected. Can be easily dressed up with heels and fun jewelry or down with sneakers and a denim jacket." —Lela30
Get it from Anthropologie for $170 (available in standard sizes XXS–XL, petite sizes XXS–XL, plus sizes 1X–3X, and nine colors).
8. A chic pencil dress you can get with short sleeves, long sleeves, and/or no sleeves (hellooo, off-the-shoulder looks), that way you'll have an easy outfit for every season without needing to compromise on style!
Promising review: "I ordered this to wear to work at a convention and got so many compliments. It's very comfortable and has a decent amount of stretch, too. Love the bow! The material is fairly wrinkle-resistant, which I appreciate because it was packed in my suitcase. Only had to iron a few small sections and I was good to go. Perfect for so many occasions." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes S–3XL and 36 color/style combos).
9. A sleek Ann Taylor belted shift dress dotted with botanical embroidery you can wear on its own or with a lil' sweater for those days when the office is unreasonably chilly.
10. A Ralph Lauren shirtdress boasting a stylish A-line silhouette and self-tie waist sash capable of making you feel like you're ready to take on the day in mere seconds.
Promising review: "Perfectly perfect summer dress! I love the denim color, the little flounce hem, and the length! This little dress can take you right into fall with a cardigan and booties too! Classic with a twist. Can’t wait to wear this on vacation this summer!" —LamRN
Get it from Ralph Lauren for $175 (available in plus sizes 14–22, standard sizes 0–16, and petite sizes 0–14), Macy's for $165 (available in sizes 0–18), or Dillard's for $105 (available in sizes 14W–22W).
One of these nice-looking purses would look fab with this frock!
11. An elegant three-quarter-sleeve A-line dress just radiating ~vintage flair~ even people who don't usually leave reviews are raving about.
Promising review: "I have to say this is the most comfortable dress I've ever worn. I love the lightweight material. The stretch in it. Pockets. I bought this dress for Mother's Day and everyone paid compliments. Worth every penny." —Maria L. Shields
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 26 colors).
12. An overachieving reversible White House Black Market halter dress covered in lil' lemons destined to be the ~main squeeze~ of your summertime wardrobe – or when it gets chillier out, reverse it and wear it as a LBD!
Promising review: "Such a cute dress. It's a nicely weighted fabric (not too heavy, not too light). The best part about this dress is the fact that it's reversible AND I can also wear it backwards to make it bra friendly. When it is turned around to backwards my T-back bra doesn't show and it makes a nice 'V' neckline when the button is left open. Love, love, love! This dress is actually a 4-in-1!" —FashionistaRD
Get it from White House Black Market for $130 (available in regular and petite sizes XXS–XL).
13. A bestselling pencil dress that'll get so many compliments you'll be ~rosy~ in the cheeks – and potentially on set of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Promising review: "Gorgeous and classy! The dress fits perfectly! I felt like the perfect pin up doll! I received so many compliments in the dress. I even won second place at the Derby Hat/Outfit contest! Definitely worth the purchase!" —Gjuan
14. A classy Ann Taylor embroidered V-neck midi dress destined to be matched with some clear heels and simple jewelry on a breezy summer afternoon while you're grabbing an iced latte on your lunch break.
Promising review: "I love the weight of this dress. It’s not thin but it still feels nice and cool. The embroidery makes it dressier than a denim dress yet it can go either casually chic or dinner party ready depending on the shoes to pair with." —VVNLA
Get it from Ann Taylor for $169 (available in regular sizes 00–18 and petite sizes 00–14).
15. A swoonworthy pencil dress accented with a lil' front zipper that'll easily fool anyone into thinking you snagged it from the high-end designer rack.
Promising review: "Love this dress! I needed more business wear for my new job, I’m so happy I found this dress! It has some stretch to it, which makes it so comfortable. Not too short, not too long. It has a zipper in the back and a zipper in the front. I’m 5’3” 135 pounds and the small is perfect. I plan to order more colors!" —Karina A.
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL, 41 colors, and two sleeve lengths).
16. A Calvin Klein tulip-sleeve sheath dress providing plenty of stretch and comfort while still keepin' things professional.
Promising review: "This dress is perfect for work. It is professional and it is comfortable and fits well. Highly recommend for those who sit at a desk and and need to maintain professional attire." —Jessica
17. A short-sleeve midi dress that only looks like you spent extra time in the morning pairing a top with your skirt – but you really just threw on this stylish one-piece and went on your merry way.
Promising review: "THIS DRESS IS AMAZING. Y'all, I am NOT disappointed. The ribbed top is lovely. It's nice, thick, stretchy, and soft! You don't have to worry about your bra being noticeable or being uncomfortable. The skirt is lined, hits perfectly, and flowy. Plus, it has pockets. Need I say more?!?" —Jaimie Nelson
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 12 colors).
18. A luxe Theory belted shirt dress made with lightweight and breathable linen showcasing a tailored point collar and dropped shoulders for an office-ready look that might even have your coworkers copying your style.
19. A dressy three-quarter-sleeve loose chiffon frock lightweight enough to serve as a seasonal segue from summer to fall then spring to summer (and maybe even winter if you throw it over some leggings)!
Promising review: "Absolutely love this dress. I ordered this dress for a work conference. I will be using it on my upcoming cruise as well for formal night." —Calvines
Another promising review: "The dress is perfect. I wore it to a work event and received a lot of compliments." —Patricke
20. A bodycon pencil dress available in four different styles that'll make your morning/midday strolls to the break room feel like your own runway.
Promising review: "I had a formal professional ceremony to attend and I think I nailed the dress requirements. The material is strong and thick but yet very breathable. I had no problems with the zippers either which is a big plus for me as well. Very well-made dress that I highly recommend. I received many compliments as well!" —Rachel Latham
Get it from Amazon for $37.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL, four styles, and 45 color/style combos).
21. A breathable linen Everlane shirtdress you'll be reaching for on days when nothing sounds more appealing than simply ~going with the flow~ in something breezy and oversized.
Promising review: "Love this dress so much! So amazingly comfortable, breathable, and an easy-to-throw-on dress you feel good about. Love the utilitarian simple design with buttons and pockets. Everlane did it again!" —niandra
Get it from Everlane for $88 (available in sizes XXS–L and four colors).
And if you want to dress it up just a lil' bit, throw on some hoop earrings!
22. A stretchy crepe Vince Camuto A-line dress designed with a halter tie at the neckline for a uniquely chic look everyone will be asking you for the link to.
Promising review: "This dress is classy! Perfect for my work event. I received so many compliments. Its comfortable and high quality at a fabulous price. Crepe fabric falls perfectly. It will easily be one of my go-to LBD year round!" —kac1970lilrhody
Get it from Nordstrom for $128 (available in sizes 0–18 and five colors), Dillard's for $76.80+ (available in sizes 0–14 and five colors), or Amazon for $65.50+ (available in sizes 2–14 and 12 colors).