1. Angelina Jolie channeling Marilyn Monroe glamour in a white satin Marc Bouwer gown.
2. Naomi Watts — who was nominated for Best Actress that night for her performance in 21 Grams – in a nude rhinestone-encrusted Versace gown.
Which she accessorized nicely with her then-boyfriend Heath Ledger.
3. Nicole Kidman looked classy in an ocean gray Chanel gown.
4. Diane Lane, a presenter that night, wore a jeweled white Azzaro gown.
5. Julia Roberts brought old school Hollywood glamour in this Giorgio Armani gown.
6. Sofia Coppola — who took home the Oscar that night for Best Original Screenplay for Lost In Translation — was stunning in a 1930s-inspired Marc Jacobs dress.
7. Julianne Moore brought some shimmer in Versace.
8. Samantha Morton, who was a Best Actress nominee that evening for In America, in vintage 1950s couture Givenchy.
9. Catherine Zeta-Jones brought out the razzle-dazzle in this red Versace dress.
10. Jennifer Garner was a vision in this blood orange gown created specifically for her by Valentino.
11. Oprah can do no wrong and she looked sophisticated in this Gianfranco Ferre wrap-style gown.
12. Renée Zellweger in a border-line wedding gown by Carolina Herrera.
But the best look that night: Charlize Theron, who was stunning in a beaded Gucci gown.
And she had the best accessory of the night, a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in Monster.
- The trial to watch in Trump's America: A doctor faces a manslaughter charge after his patient died following an abortion.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The Supreme Court threw out a $399 million judgment against Samsung over the iPhone's design.
- Grammy nominations are out. Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶