1. Angelina Jolie channeling Marilyn Monroe glamour in a white satin Marc Bouwer gown.
2. Naomi Watts — who was nominated for Best Actress that night for her performance in 21 Grams – in a nude rhinestone-encrusted Versace gown.
Which she accessorized nicely with her then-boyfriend Heath Ledger.
3. Nicole Kidman looked classy in an ocean gray Chanel gown.
4. Diane Lane, a presenter that night, wore a jeweled white Azzaro gown.
5. Julia Roberts brought old school Hollywood glamour in this Giorgio Armani gown.
6. Sofia Coppola — who took home the Oscar that night for Best Original Screenplay for Lost In Translation — was stunning in a 1930s-inspired Marc Jacobs dress.
7. Julianne Moore brought some shimmer in Versace.
8. Samantha Morton, who was a Best Actress nominee that evening for In America, in vintage 1950s couture Givenchy.
9. Catherine Zeta-Jones brought out the razzle-dazzle in this red Versace dress.
10. Jennifer Garner was a vision in this blood orange gown created specifically for her by Valentino.
11. Oprah can do no wrong and she looked sophisticated in this Gianfranco Ferre wrap-style gown.
12. Renée Zellweger in a border-line wedding gown by Carolina Herrera.
But the best look that night: Charlize Theron, who was stunning in a beaded Gucci gown.
And she had the best accessory of the night, a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in Monster.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."