4. You knew being a rock star with a secret identity was the best job ever!
Also, the life lessons Jem taught you:
1. It’s OK if your man cheats on you, as long as it’s with your secret alter ego.
2. Sometimes it’s way more fun to be the villain (looking at you, Pizzazz).
3. That anything can be solved by pressing down on your earring and saying, “Showtime, Synergy!”
5. Ornamenting your ‘do with a bevy of colorful day-of-the-week and animal-themed barrettes.
7. The smell of Electric Youth.
8. How Jake Ryan is still your perfect man.
9. The fun of a new Get in Shape, Girl! workout cassette (and, most importantly, the rockin’ accessories it came with).
You basically just wore that sweatband around the house all day afterward.
10. Snagging each new My Lil’ Pony that came out (and filling up your Paradise Estate with them).
11. Getting a new Cabbage Patch Kid, hanging her birth certificate on the wall, and carrying her around with you everywhere.
12. Thinking Rainbow Brite was the coolest girl EVER, and drawing fashion inspiration from her colorful getups.
13. Knowing that Over Our Heads was the best fictional store to ever exist.
19. Organizing all your cosmetics, bath products, and jewelry in a Caboodle (which in itself was sort of the reason to buy tons of stuff to put inside it).
Compartments: SO FUN.
20. How you NEEDED a Swatch watch to match every outfit.
25. You went through, like, one Sweet Valley High book a day.
Even though Jessica was too much of a bitch and Elizabeth too much of a Goody Two-shoes for you to really relate to either of them.
28. The only Degrassi you remember didn’t star Drake.
36. …but knowing that these smelled worse:
47. Selecting a Care Bear that you identified with best.
52. The importance of the Slam book.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from publicly blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.