1. That Muppet Babies is greatest cartoon of all time (sorry, Rugrats).
2. Even though they were brother and sister, you thought He-Man and She-Ra made a hot couple.
3. The horror and confusion of finding your parents’ old 1970s copy of The Joy of Sex (where the couple looked like hippies).
5. Remembering where you were when the Challenger disaster happened.
6. Being scared that you were going to fall into a well like Baby Jessica.
7. Wanting to be as cool as Punky Brewster.
8. Aspiring to one day be as cool as the teens in John Hughes movies.
10. Remembering to “Just Say No.”
11. Feeling über-cool when you were invited to ’50s-themed parties.
Also, we are now as far removed from the ‘80s as we were to the ‘50s in the ‘80s.