1. Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz filming the episode, “Lucy Thinks Ricky Is Trying to Murder Her.” This was the very first episode of I Love Lucy to be filmed.
While it was the first episode to filmed, it was actually the fourth to air.
2. Vivian Vance and William Frawley (Ethel and Fred Mertz) filming a scene on the Tropicana nightclub set.
3. Desi overlooks the show’s newly constructed control room.
4. Lucy has some fun during a dress rehearsal for the episode of “The Girls Want to Go to a Nightclub.”
“The Girls Want to Go to a Nightclub” was the first episode of the series to air.
5. The whole cast filming a scene in the Ricardos’ apartment set.
6. Desi talking to the audience between takes.
7. Desi licks the chocolate off Lucille’s face after she finished filming the classic chocolate factory scene.
8. William (third left), Vivian (left of center), Lucille (center), and Desi (right of center), pose with the entire I Love Lucy crew.
9. A studio audience awaits to be let into a taping of the show.
10. The cast filming the iconic “California, Here We Come!” scene.
11. A make-up artist applying Lucille’s fake nose — as the show’s headwriter, Jess Oppenheimer (center) watches — for the episode “L. A., At Last.”
12. Lucille posing with Adventures of Superman star George Reeves, who guest starred on the episode, “Lucy and Superman.”
13. Lucille and Desi take a photo backstage in their costume’s for the episode “The Ricardos Dedicate a Statue.” This also happened to be the final episode of the series.
14. Desi (seen in the distance) walking around Desilu Studios, the studio he and Lucille built together.
The studio was home to classic television shows like, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, and Star Trek.
15. Desi and Lucille overlook the mini-empire they created together.
16. Lucille was the first woman to be head of a television production company.
17. After their divorce in 1960, Lucille bought out Desi’s shares of the studio and ran it herself for several years.
18. Lucille giving some comments on the script to Desi, on the set of their series, The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour (1958-60), a sequel series to the original show.
19. Desi directs the band during a taping of the show.
20. Lucille getting fitted in her matador costume for the Lucy Goes to Mexico episode.
21. A tender moment, Desi embraces Lucille after taping a scene.
Lucille and Desi divorced just two months after filming the final episode of The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹