2. “Sing a Song” was originally intended to be the show’s opening theme song. The Carpenters later released a cover of the song.
9. In 1970, Ernie’s signature song “Rubber Duckie” reached No. 16 on the Billboard Hot 100.
16. Originally Snuffleupagus was only be seen by Big Bird. The adults on the show refused to believe he existed and thought he was just Big Bird’s imaginary friend.
This was changed in 1985 when producers felt that the adults’ refusal to believe Big Bird would discourage children from sharing important things with their parents.
19. Kevin Clash, who used to voice Elmo, also voiced Baby Sinclair on Dinosaurs.
20. James Earl Jones was the first ever guest star, he recited the alphabet.
21. Sesame Street is the longest running children’s program in the U.S. In 2008, it was estimated that 77 million Americans had watched the series as children.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘