21 Famous People You Might Not Know Were In Music Videos
Everything from starring roles to blink-and-you’ll-miss-them cameos.
1. Charlize Theron in Brandon Flowers' "Crossfire" (2010)
Charlize played an awesome ass-kicker who rescues damsel in distress Brandon Flowers. The video also happened to be Brandon's first solo video.
2. Kristen Dunst in Savage Garden's "I Knew I Loved You" (1999)
Kirsten played the object of lead singer Darren Hayes' affection in the video. Which was a little creepy considering she was 17 at the time and he was 27.
4. Jeremy Renner in Pink's "Trouble" (2003)
Jeremy (who was then an unknown actor) played a sheriff in the Old West with a penchant for earrings and guyliner!
5. Sarah Michelle Gellar in Stone Temple Pilots' "Sour Girl" (2000)
Sarah appeared in the video during the peak of Buffy — so it was a pretty cool get for STP. Also the video looked like "Teletubbies" as seen through the eyes of Donnie Darko.
8. Mila Kunis in Aerosmith's "Jaded" (2001)
Mila played the "jaded" actress or princess (?) who appears to be trapped in some sorta goth Victorian circus.
9. Johnny Depp in the Lemonheads' "It's a Shame About Ray" (1992)
The video featured Johnny just sitting around a room moping, pushing his hair back, and smoking cigarettes — which is how I imagine early-'90s Johnny spent most of his days.
10. Zooey Deschanel in the Offspring's "She's Got Issues" (1999)
Zooey basically spends the entire video having an acid trip while sorta dressed up like Lola from Run Lola Run.
11. Eljiah Wood in Paula Abdul's "Forever Your Girl" (1989)
Elijah was just 8 years old when he appeared in the video!
12. Eva Mendes in Will Smith's "Welcome to Miami" (1998)
The small cameo in the video was one of Eva's first roles. She would later reunite with Will for a much bigger role in 2005's Hitch.
14. Djimon Hounsou in Janet Jackson's "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" (1990)
Djimon played one of the models who paraded around in the desert in just a Speedo in the Herb Ritts-directed video.
16. Matthew McConaughey in Trisha Yearwood's "Walkaway Joe" (1992)
Matthew appeared in the video just one year before his breakthrough role in Dazed and Confused.
17. Adrien Brody in Tori Amos's "A Sorta Fairytale" (2003)
Adrien appeared in the video the same year he won the Oscar for Best Actor for his performance in The Pianist.
19. Gwyneth Paltrow in Melissa Etheridge's "I Want to Come Over" (1995)
Yup, Gwyneth performed her signature pouty face in the vid!
20. Anna Kendrick in LCD Soundsystem's "Pow Pow" (2010)
Anna had just been nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress (for Up in the Air) when she appeared in the video.
21. Katy Perry in Gym Class Heroes' "Cupid's Chokehold" (2006)
Katy was then an unknown singer when she appeared in the video, but she happened to be the girlfriend of Gym Class Heroes lead singer Travie McCoy.