1. In the original story draft there were two genies. One was the genie of the lamp and the other the genie of the ring.
2. Patrick Stewart was forced to turn down the role of Jafar due to scheduling conflicts with Star Trek: The Next Generation.
4. Originally, Aladdin was not an orphan, he had a mother, to whom he sang the touching song “Proud of Your Boy.” Eventually, both she and the song were cut from the story.
8. The character design for Jafar is based on Maleficent.
12. There is a long-standing rumor that in the balcony scene Aladdin says, “Good teenagers take off their clothes.” But what he is actually saying is, “Nice kitty, take off and go.”
The dialogue was changed to “Down, kitty” for the 2004 DVD release.
16. It was originally going to be revealed that the street merchant, seen in the beginning of the film, was really the Genie in disguise.
The street merchant was also voiced by Robin Williams.
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹