1. In the original story draft there were two genies. One was the genie of the lamp and the other the genie of the ring.
2. Patrick Stewart was forced to turn down the role of Jafar due to scheduling conflicts with Star Trek: The Next Generation.
4. Originally, Aladdin was not an orphan, he had a mother, to whom he sang the touching song “Proud of Your Boy.” Eventually, both she and the song were cut from the story.
8. The character design for Jafar is based on Maleficent.
12. There is a long-standing rumor that in the balcony scene Aladdin says, “Good teenagers take off their clothes.” But what he is actually saying is, “Nice kitty, take off and go.”
The dialogue was changed to “Down, kitty” for the 2004 DVD release.
16. It was originally going to be revealed that the street merchant, seen in the beginning of the film, was really the Genie in disguise.
The street merchant was also voiced by Robin Williams.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.