2. April, the Ravishing Reporter
By the looks of this toy, it should have been called “Friday Night at the Club April,” ‘cause it doesn’t look like she is doing any type of reporting. The toy also came with such sexist weapons as “Makeup Brush Battle Bo,” “Katana Blade Curling Iron,” and a “Lipstick Nunchaku.”
Bonus: You could also remove her skirt, which I am sure pre-pubescent boys loved.
7. Pizza Tossin’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
I don’t think they were fighting criminals with pizza as much as scaring them off with their Large Marge cracked out faces.
8. King Lionheart
This toy looks more like the love child of a He-Man and a Lion-O action figure than something in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy line. Apparently, he was some supposed to be a king to all the mutants in the TMNT universe.
Also, I think it’s safe to assume that the King Richard name reference probably went over most kids’ heads.
11. Donatello Dracula
Donatello as Dracula was released as part of the TMNT’s “Universal Studios Monsters” crossover line, and while the Turtles got monster makeovers he was by far the most disturbing character. I mean look at those teeth!
This toy also raises the question: Whose blood was Dracula Don sucking on?
13. The Sewer Heroes
I guess the fact that they were mutated turtles wasn’t superhero-y enough? Also, if they have superhero powers why would they need a gun?
This toy might also have one of the most WTF descriptions of any TMNT toy:
“He’s hangin’ a rappin’ ‘n scratchin’ turntable to squelch the sewer scum from here to kingdom come. Ooze, baby, ooze!”
18. Star Trek: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Perhaps the strangest crossover of the entire TMNT toy line. I don’t really think kids were clamoring for a crossover between the Turtles and a then 25-year-old TV series.
And most weird of all, they put hair on the Turtles. HAIR.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.
- Beginning in 2018, prescription drugs will be free for anyone under the age of 25 in Ontario, Canada, government says.