18 Kids Shows That Had Some Seriously Fucked-Up Moments
Are you brave enough to click on this post?!
We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which TV moments from kid shows scared the crap out of them. Here are some of the moments that have scarred some of our readers for life!
1. When the ghost of King Ramses appeared on Courage the Cowardly Dog and demanded his slab back.
2. Everything about Slappy the Dummy on Goosebumps.
3. When the purple slime monster doll, Gooey Gus, showed up on Ghostwriter.
4. When Nosferatu flicks the lights on and off on SpongeBob SquarePants.
5. When the evil ghost comes out of the pool in "The Tale of the Dead Man's Float" episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?
6. When Sister Bear sees a green-eyed monster version of herself on the Berenstain Bears.
7. When Timmy Turner brought his decaying dead gerbil back to life on Fairly Odd Parents.
8. When the two kids get lost in Terror Tower in Goosebumps.
9. When One-Eyed Jack — the jackalope monster — chases and captures Buster, Babs, and Plucky on Tiny Toons Adventures.
10. When Zim burned his eyes out in Invader Zim.
11. Basically everything about the "Haunted Train" episode of Hey Arnold!
12. When Gwen turns into a goblin in Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge.
13. When Esteban pretends to be possessed on The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
14. When the Fright Hound walks out of the fire in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.
"The episode, 'Howl of the Fright Hound,' absolutely scarred my brother and I for LIFE. Brief synopsis: The town thinks that Scooby has turned and is attacking people, but it's actually a mechanical clone of him (think a dog Terminator) and they have to stop the machine before he kills everyone. In the climax of the episode, Scooby and Shaggy are running through a warehouse being chased by the robot dog when a fire starts and they think its killed him……but NOPE. They show the skin burning off of the robot and then out walks THIS BEAST OF PURE EVIL FROM THE FIRES OF HELL. THE SOURCE OF MY NIGHTMARES AND REASON I NEVER BOUGHT MECHANICAL DOG TOYS. I still can’t watch it to this day…and this picture terrifies me. The red eyes, the razor sharp teeth (that killed people) and the firey hell background. I hate this show." —skailyr
15. When Grandpa showed up as a zombie in Arnold's dream in Hey Arnold!
16. When Angelica has a nightmare about having a baby brother on Rugrats.
17. When the fetus-like thing whispered, "You're not perfect" on Courage the Cowardly Dog.
18. And finally, all of Disney Channel's original movie, Don't Look Under the Bed.
The Disney Channel movie in #18 was mistitled in a previous version of this post. Thanks to the commenters for pointing out the error!
Please note: Responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.