5. Jenny’s last name is Curran, but it is never said in the film.
The only places you can find it are on her mailbox and on letters that she sends Forrest.
6. This was Haley Joel Osment’s first film role.
7. Kurt Russell reportedly provided the voice of Elvis Presley in the film, but was never credited.
Kurt actually played Elvis in the 1979 TV movie Elvis.
8. The line “My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump” was ad libbed by Tom Hanks while filming the scene.
10. Tom Hanks’ younger brother Jim Hanks doubled for him in the wide shots of the running sequences.
11. There was no ball in the Ping-Pong matches scenes; it was entirely CGI.
12. The Doors have a total of six songs in the movie, more than any other band.
13. The line Forrest says when his microphone is turned off at the Vietnam rally is:
“Sometimes when people go to Vietnam, they go home to their mommas without any legs. Sometimes they don’t go home at all. That’s a bad thing. That’s all I have to say about that.”
15. Following the huge success of the film, Winston Groom (the author of Forrest Gump) wrote a sequel novel, Gump & Co.
On the first page, Forrest Gump tells readers, “Don’t never let nobody make a movie of your life’s story.”
- UK election results: The Labour Party has been beaten into third place in Scotland, but is doing better than expected at holding on to control of English councils 🇬🇧
- U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said he was not ready to endorse Donald Trump for president 🇺🇸
- A jury has found Lonnie Franklin Jr. guilty in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings of 10 black women in Los Angeles.