3. Spider-Man and the cast of SNL
Year published: 1978
Convoluted plot: Peter Parker and MJ attended a taping of Saturday Night Live — which is coincidentally being hosted by Stan Lee. While at the taping the show is taken hostage by the Silver Samurai and it’s up to Spider-Man and the SNL cast (?!) to apprehend him.
7. Transformers meet Bruce Springsteen.
Year published: 1986
Convoluted plot: OK, so it’s not really Bruce, it’s a totally different singer named Brick Springhorn — who’s known for his hit songs “Born in America” and “Dancing in the Night”
After the Decepticons try to hijack his concert it’s up to the Autobots to save Brick and his fans.
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.