This post has been corrected to remove and properly source phrasing that was copied from The Guardian and AdAge.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
7. Beef products from the European supermarket chain Tesco.
13. French beef supplier Spanghero has been accused of passing off horsemeat in meals labeled as beef and selling it to supermarkets in 16 countries.
Production at the company was shut down in wake of the scandal. Production licensee has since been partially restored but the company has been told it must not handle or make any food from frozen products.
An investigation surrounds a scheme where mafias take horsemeat lawfully produced in Eastern European slaughterhouses…
And mix it with ground beef to lower the unit price.
Don’t worry too much, though: None of the companies involved in the European scandal export beef to the U.S.
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️