This post has been corrected to remove and properly source phrasing that was copied from The Guardian and AdAge.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
7. Beef products from the European supermarket chain Tesco.
13. French beef supplier Spanghero has been accused of passing off horsemeat in meals labeled as beef and selling it to supermarkets in 16 countries.
Production at the company was shut down in wake of the scandal. Production licensee has since been partially restored but the company has been told it must not handle or make any food from frozen products.
An investigation surrounds a scheme where mafias take horsemeat lawfully produced in Eastern European slaughterhouses…
And mix it with ground beef to lower the unit price.
Don’t worry too much, though: None of the companies involved in the European scandal export beef to the U.S.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was a subject of the "Serial" podcast, is getting a new trial.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.