2. Idris Elba (aka Stringer Bell) played a rapping lover in Fat Joe’s video for “All I Need”.
3. A man of many talents, he also directed and starred in Mumford & Sons’ video for “Lover of the Light.”
He plays a blind man who forgets his walking stick as he leaves home, and explores the world outside on his own.
But Idris ALSO has his own music career going.
6. And as just “Driis” on this loungey, dreamy, 9th Wonder-produced song called “Private Garden.”
In it, he plays yet another mysterious badass with a male love interest.
Williams plays “The Plant Hunter,” in the psychedelic video. His lover, “Tree,” is slowly mutating into a plant, thanks to the genetically-engineered plants that Williams processes into “euphoria-inducing drugs.” ~VERY VERY TRIPPY~
10. Anwan Glover (aka Slim Charles) appears in Wale’s “Chillin’” video, hanging out at Ben’s Chili Bowl.
He also appeared in the video for Boyz N Da Hood’s “Dem Boyz.”
Check him out at the 2:00 mark.
Also, this may be Lady Gaga’s least-charismatic music video appearance ever?
Super creepy Mya. Super. Creepy.
As a good man in really bad circumstances.
A lot like Cutty, no?
14. Felicia “Snoop” Pearson spits a few bars in Tony Yayo’s “It’s A Stick-Up”.
15. A whole SLEW of Wire actors appear in Nas’ “Be A N****r Too.”
16. Dominic West (aka Jimmy McNulty) pops up at the end of UK band The Feeling’s album preview video, in which he plays their snappy manager.
17. Clarke Peters (aka Lester Freamon) chats up the ladies and has a grand old time at a pool party in Wiley’s “You Know The Words.”
Seriously. I wanna party with Clarke Peters.
… in her video for “Through The Rain.”
19. Tristan Wilds (aka Michael Lee) appears in Busta’s epic “Thank You” video…
20. But he’s ALSO a successful – Grammy-nominated! – recording artist on his own, going by his nickname, Mack Wilds.
Okay, but seriously, Michael B. Jordan’s characters get screwed over the most.
Here’s his 1985 hit, “Guitar Town”:
Check out the vid for his eponymous track.
26. And, of course, Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band played Roman, a community basketball coach who helped Cutty set up his gym.
RIP, Big Man.
The Wire cast is HUGE and they’ve done a ton of work in the years since the show ended. Add any favorite videos we may have missed in the comments!
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass, overturned benches, and tossed a Bible inside a Colorado mosque early Sunday morning.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings. The rule applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴